Recommendations

Hooch

I have seen most places charge £15 a corner for fitting. Hopefully I can get it a bit cheaper as my mechanic has a fitting machine.

I just don't think I can justify paying £600 for MPSS, especially as the last 3 times I have changed tyres its because they have cracked!

I think I'm going to have a look around at fitting prices and go for the Falkens, if I can get close to £400 I will be happy.

Does anyone know how the Falkens compare to the RE050's?

The previous owner had the tyres fitted and he was a teacher and didn't drive much.

I don't drive the car hard and I probably only do 4 - 6k a year.

The wear is not uneven and its only the fronts that are low, the main reason for the change is the cracking in the tread on all 4 corners.

I thought tyres were meant to last more than 4 years before cracking?

Edited by Hooch

Just my two pence,

I was in the same situation as u and read loads and loads,

Kumho ku39s I had on other cars and was gonna go with them but I am really glad I did not as I went with Goodyear f1s and can not rate them highly enough!

Yeah there dearer than some u mentioned but trust me there a great tyre on the 350z.

I am happy I spent a bit more!

after some recommandations from some guys i did the change from vredestein to nankang ns2,...............it was a good decision. front 245/35/20 and rear 275/35/20.

in dry conditions absolutely "supherb" :thumbs: . in moist conditions also ok,...........cant tell u how they are in wet conditions,......but it seems they developped in in the right direction,.....tyre production date is from 22/2014....................keep in mind ,....falken,kuhmo and so on started as low budget tyre times ago,too.

Cheers for the input. I'm going to get full use out of my current tyres but as they were an advisory on the mot they will need to be changed soon.

I'm starting to lean towards the Eagle F1s for performance/price.

• 2 weeks later...

after some recommandations from some guys i did the change from vredestein to nankang ns2,...............it was a good decision.

interesting you say that. I had ns2's put on my impreza. Worst decision I ever made. Low price made them attractive and in the dry they were Ok but a hint of damp and it was like driving on ice. Switched them for uniroyals within a month. Way better.

Asking for tyre recommendations is like going into a London pub and asking a people who they support. Everyone has a favourite and will defend it to the hilt.

Go onto Tyreleader, see what tyres are in your price range, and go with them.

Last act ???

The Eagle F1's I'd rate as better than the RE50's, as are the Hankook Evo S2's. The Hankook Evo V12's are also better than Fallen F452's by a good margin. Make of that what you will.

Id disagree - F1's are good but RE050A's are better, wet and dry IMO. Of the others I was impressed by KU39's :)

• 2 weeks later...

Currently running Nankangs NS2's and for the price i am pretty pleased, more than enough grip for road use imho. I have a set of track wheels so not bothered about something better for the road or something i would need extra grip from on track, if you find the limits on the road with Nankangs, i would say your driving like a c**k or are ham footed with your right peddle.

If i wanted something that offered more grip as you liked the odd track day or a very very spirited drive i would go for Eagle F1's.

Normal NS2's are not good tyres in the wet, and even if you dont drive like a **** you still need to stop quickly sometimes. Sorry man, but you cant seriously recommend them when there are so many better options available for not a lot more money.

• Like 1

Normal NS2's are not good tyres in the wet, and even if you dont drive like a **** you still need to stop quickly sometimes. Sorry man, but you cant seriously recommend them when there are so many better options available for not a lot more money.

I generally dont drive in the wet as the zed is a weekend car, but was out the other weekend in some heavy rain for 2 days solid and they seemed ok, maybe that view would change if i had to have stopped quickly. As mentioned if this was my only set of wheels and i would want something better, but for normal driving, they do what i need of them.