Can anyone fix TV's?

Grundy

Okay, so with the possibility of moving out, might fix my tv that has been broke for a year.

Last year it decided that only half the screen would work. One half would be perfect, the other would be pure white.

Similar to this

I did a bit of research and it's to do with the ribbon cable plugging into the T-con board.

I went to fix it my self last year, and electrocuted my self :lol: So with that happening I figured it was a sign for me not to fix it.

Just wondering if anyone on here does it for a living/hobby.

I use a projector for my xbox 360. I have cheap logitec speakers for sound which do a decent job :)

Edit: as grund says, they super heat the room and as you need to have the room dark windows don't provide much air

Edited by AliveBoy
  • Like 1

actually, Is it possible to play games consoles through a projector? :dry: I'm gonna find out ( goes to google )

apologies Grundy, as I have been useless on this thread

Tis simples :) Just acts as a TV - Plug HDMI/VGA lead in ( I run everything through an AMP so PC/Xbox to the AMP - AMP to the Projector :) ) but as I said the heat is such a ball ache. Specially when my windows are shut during spider season!
  • Like 1

actually, Is it possible to play games consoles through a projector? :dry: I'm gonna find out ( goes to google )

Depends on the refresh rate. I run my media / games pc through my 50" plasma with the audio going out through my pioneer av amp with 7.1 surround and its absolutely wicked for playing games on. Unfortunately since the missus moved in she has commandered my home threatre system and watches Glee on it 24/7. Im banished to sitting in the corner of the room trying to watch wheeler dealers on a 13" laptop screen. :(

Edited by rabbitstew
  • Like 1

I do stuff like this but I'm a tad more than a quick drive away.

Yes you can get a cheap telly anywhere but it depends how good yours is. If its over £400 to replace its rather obviously worth doing.

I wrote you some top tips but after checking the comments on the youtube vid and realising that you managed to electrocute yourself trying them, I thought better of it. I don't want to be responsible for you finishing yourself off properly next time :headhurt:

Take it to a repair shop (yes they do still exist) :)

Yes you can get a cheap telly anywhere but it depends how good yours is. If its over £400 to replace its rather obviously worth doing.

I wrote you some top tips but after checking the comments on the youtube vid and realising that you managed to electrocute yourself trying them, I thought better of it. I don't want to be responsible for you finishing yourself off properly next time :headhurt:

:lol:

that was just a quick video I found, there was another video somewhere with a better showing of my issue.

Yeah was meant to go to one before, but never did. It's an oldish TV but at the same time it's a good TV.

My problem is, if I go and buy a TV I want the best :lol: So I can't get a cheap TV.

Cheers though bud.

First rule of fiddling around with electrical appliances.

Unplug it from power supply.

This is a shocking post.

:lol:

But there was no way of telling if it was fixed :lol:

You basically have to position the ribbon cable in a way that it fixes the TV, then you have to tape it in that position :lol: To know that it works you need to have the TV on :

Agree with Chris. Take it to a repair shop or look in the small ads for a local repairer. They will probably give you a free quote then you can decide if it is worth doing or not.

If it is a major repair, then like Pete said it is likely something else will will fail before too long. But if just a cable then worth getting it done.

Depends on the refresh rate. I run my media / games pc through my 50" plasma with the audio going out through my pioneer av amp with 7.1 surround and its absolutely wicked for playing games on. Unfortunately since the missus moved in she has commandered my home threatre system and watches Glee on it 24/7. Im banished to sitting in the corner of the room trying to watch wheeler dealers on a 13" laptop screen. :(

lol, I can empathise, I have to watch wheeler dealers in the other room. She used to watch glee but now it has been superseded by House wives of Atlanta :scare: , which physically hurts me to hear or watch.

Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 1

lol, I can empathise, I have to watch wheeler dealers in the other room. She used to watch glee but now it has been superseded by House wives of Atlanta :scare: , which physically hurts me to hear or watch.

Wait until she finds "True Blood". My missus managed to watch 7 entire seasons of that in the space of a couple of weeks. Im dreading the electric bill hitting my doormat.