Pistorious

coldel

if think you have a burglar cornered, in a locked room, and you block the only exit and you have a cannon of a pistol. Any reasonable man would shout obscenities at the door. Telling said occupants how screwed they were. Most burglars at his point would likely shout. Don't shoot don't shoot. And your missus is likely to tell you to stop being a bell end.

So what reasonable man shoots, not one, not 2, not even 3 shots through a door, but 4 rounds without an inclination for who might be on the other side.

And if you have someone cornered why not ring the police?

He's guilty as sin, just not enough direct evidence to nail him for it.

Most likely if the judge is any good, she'll give him the next severe punishment, which should be 10 years.

• Like 2

What if he thought Reeva was unconscious, or dead? Just because she wasn't in bed, didn't mean she must be in the bathroom.

Personally, I'm inclined to think it was a horrible accident. Maybe he was a bit trigger happy, but in SA you've got to be when it cones to protecting yourself.

• Like 1

What if he thought Reeva was unconscious, or dead? Just because she wasn't in bed, didn't mean she must be in the bathroom.

Personally, I'm inclined to think it was a horrible accident. Maybe he was a bit trigger happy, but in SA you've got to be when it cones to protecting yourself.

yes but if someone was in the bathroom you'd expect a response. its not like most people would whisper through the key hole. or here them trying to scrabble through the very tiny window.

Thats sort of what I was saying Dan / Will - if it was this country - (most likely) would have been convicted of Murder - Jury of Peers will take emotion and circumstantial evidence into consideration, but as I understand it the African system is via the judge - fact only and the prosecution have failed to prove that he had intent

• Like 1

Clearly the law is the law, but common bloody sense is shouting out at me that if someone fires a gun through a door multiple times believing someone else is on the otherside, what other intention is there other than to kill? Even a bullet shot into someones foot can kill them, the second you point a gun and fire at someone whether there is a door in the way or not that is intent to kill surely.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Looks like SA law is just as 'fair' as UK and US law....Big enough wallet and you can literally get away with murder....Next the lawyers will be arguing he shouldn't even be going to prison due to mental anguish/trauma his suffered.....oh wait :)

Democracy, what a load of ###% at least in a dictatorship people are honest about their corruption/abuse of power/money

Out in 10mths. That seems a bit odd, but 5 years certainly seems about right.

You'd get that for manslaughter over here, not sure why people were expecting more.

First sensible person I have come across on this topic. Its a very different way of living out in SA versus here....

Though I doubt he will see the inside of a general prison for that long, he will claim disability (even though he claimed the opposite for the Olympics).

Probably. I can't really see him competing at top level events as there's only so much training you can do without competition, so he's going to have to make his money somehow.

at least he can be the guy starting the race, atleast he has had previous experience with the tools

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

Surely it's going to be difficult to house him in a general prison? A cellmate could very easily take advantage of him. Will he be allowed to keep his prosthetics? He's vulnerable without them and his human rights say he should be allowed them. What about the fact they could very easily be used as a weapon though, not necessarily by Pistorius himself, but I'm sure it wouldn't take long to get them off him between two people.