350z De vs Hr

Angrybiker

I heard a while back that despite the extra Bhp of the Hr 350z it's also a fair bit heavier than the De. I've tried searching for kerb weights for both but I'm drawing a blank... Any help? Ps I really want to believe that this is true cos I own a De ðŸ™

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the end of the day there are a lot of vehicles faster than our DE Zeds and the HR's for that matter.

Tbh though if any car is going to overtake me then I'd rather it was a HR Zed than some remapped tractor fuel powered shopping cart. :thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic

Aww well... Here's to cheaper road tax ������

That's one of my reason getting a DE ������

Plus it seems the majority of the aftermarket parts are cheaper for the DE which is good for the wallet when being diagnosed with Zeditus ;)

Edited by Cookie
  • Like 1

I heard a while back that despite the extra Bhp of the Hr 350z it's also a fair bit heavier than the De. I've tried searching for kerb weights for both but I'm drawing a blank... Any help? Ps I really want to believe that this is true cos I own a De 🙊

The HR's and facelifts are 70 kgs heavier than the early DE's. 1446kgs compared to 1515kgs.

Pete

• Like 1

Aww well... Here's to cheaper road tax ������

That's one of my reason getting a DE ������

Plus it seems the majority of the aftermarket parts are cheaper for the DE which is good for the wallet when being diagnosed with Zeditus ;)

I've already got sign and symptoms of Zeditus 😷 been listing down all possible mods that I wanted and the wallet is not happy with it...... Not at all! 😈

Doesn't matter which Zed you have they are both great.

Always remember that no matter what car you have, there will always be someone with something newer and more powerful than you.

As long as you are happy with what you have that is all that matters :)

The HR (Hairy Roman) was designed for the car enthusiasts who have give up in life. They don’t want the neck breaking acceleration and gear changes of the DE, they want the much more smooth acceleration that harks back to their youthful days driving an underpowered car. The bulge is to make your “Hairy Roman†look a bit more adequate to the older females who also like a smooth ride. The better headlights are because the owners can see, the leather on the door cards are because the elders scraped their elbow on the rough plastic and they were bleeding for weeks.

• Like 5

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

When I was hunting for my Z I thought sod it I want cheaper tax. I'm a cheap git I just tell my self I can use more peddle as I'm still saving a few penny's on tax 😂

But I really do love my car so much fun and that v6 sound 😄

I remember a few years ago i was complaining about when i bought a newer car costing £500 to tax it for a year, in reality it makes no difference as said above its such a small amount when spread out over a year you don't notice it.

When i bought mine i specifically wanted the HR because it was the last of the 350z, most of the little things had been fixed, looks better, nicer lights, also they were known to be a little better on oil usage and a bit more power.