Anyone else removed their Space-saver ?

jamess115

Hi Everyone, I have recently purchased some Maxmat to further help with sound deadening in the boot area - but this is heavy stuff so I have been toying with the idea of removing the Zed's Space-saver which weighs approx. 15 kilos to save weight. Has anyone done this ? Besides the obvious factor of having no spare wheel, any input as to the pro's & con's of doing this ? Thank-you

Edited by jamess115

Can't hurt, but removing weight from over the driven wheels may mean you lose a bit of traction? You might notice in the wet when turning sharp corners, but sounds like you are putting weight back in to replace it.

I'm sure there are people who have removed it and haven't instantly come off the road! Just get some spray repair if you get a puncture. :thumbs:

You can always sell it here.. :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.c...eels-wanted-x3/

Nice.. but I will probably hang onto it in case I need relay back home at 2a.m for eg..) and then out again to a garage following morning. Also, unless things have changed, wouldn't pre-puncture sealant invalidate any repair ? and these baby's are expensive to replace Edited by jamess115