Tyre problems!

hawker1986

Hi all,

So Tuesday night I was driving back home along the M69 and had a rear tyre shred itself at 70mph :scare: :

IMG_0967_zpsd523be0a.jpg

IMG_0968_zps2cda1d7e.jpg

Luckily it was fine and no one was hurt, changing a wheel on the hard shoulder at 11pm by iphone light wasn't much fun though.

Turns out it was a nail, think it had deflated the tyre and it was running flat and just killed itself.

The strange thing was the car felt fine, and all respect to the Zed when the tyre gave up there was a lot of juddering and noise but it kept running fairly straight and didn't try and kill me!!

Anyway just thought Id share my little adventure :wacko:

Hawker

Edited by hawker1986

:scare: glad you or your zed weren't hurt! Lucky.

Cheers BBK, yes that's very much the main thing

Ed, good to catch up with you again yesterday, if you need the tyre do let me know and I'll get it ordered for you... :)

Always good to catch up Mitz, thanks mate but I'm all good I think :)

Ed

Holy sh!tb@llz :scare: :scare: :scare:

I saw one delaminate on the motorway on a lorry recently, had to emergency stick the foot in to get passed and dodge the flying rubber chunks. Loads of drivers were flashing and waving, lorry driver didn't seem to notice. :scare:

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1

😱 wow scarey! But guess the z is so solid on the Tarmac and well distributed weight wise it didn't feel it till it shredded! Good to know I think????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1