Any martial Art nuts ?

SJ350z

Did a few years karate many years ago. Got to brown belt then my instructor fell out with his chief instructor. Started again, took my brown belt again....then lost interest a bit.

To be honest, would love to get into it again, it's such a great sport for fitness, focus, discipline, etc. And I made some great friends along the way.

Maybe, one day soon, will take it up again?

But to anyone, thinking about trying it....yes, definitely, do it....

Did Kung Fu when I was at college really got into it, joined the army they taught unarmed combat, then they gave me a gun. :scare: Found it was a lot less effort and very effective sort of never got back into the martial arts after that :lol:

But seriously - Its a great sport and as said above a good way to keep fit :thumbs:

I have done Tae-kwon-do for about eight years, until my back started to give up. I meet some of the best people I know, yes there was a few arrogant and aggressive people I knew of, but they didn't last very long or even worse if they were the instructor their pupils would leave them. Best advice do your research or watch a few classes before joining in as a few clubs I went too were not properly run and the sparring session or pad work sessions were not properly supervised leading to excessive contact or incidents.

Best of luck in doing something I loved so much.

:stir:

When a martial art becomes a sport. I ceases to be a martial art, as it is a 'sport'.

:snack: :snack:

I agree in some cases, for instance I think tae-kwon-do is a bit of a joke in the Olympics but traditional style is another story.

This thread has made me think of that video that was posted on here before.

Link:

Made me chuckle anyway. :D;)

You sir just won this thread!! :lol: :lol: That had me in tears first time I saw it.

Same here. :teeth:

"I hope you like pain"

Pmsl. :lol:

So funny. My favourite is the guy with the Afro.

• Like 1

Well so far I've done, Ninjutsu, Aikido, Jun Fan Kung Fu, and Wing Chun Kung Fu over the course of my life. Still enjoy watching anything to do with it though. I would really like to get in to Krav Maga but there's no where near enough to me that does it which is a shame.

Edited by Steel Lynx

When a martial art becomes a sport. I ceases to be a martial art, as it is a 'sport'.

I agree in some cases, for instance I think tae-kwon-do is a bit of a joke in the Olympics but traditional style is another story.

Wouldn't say Taekwondo is a bit of a joke, you are welcome to attend out Academy any time you wish

and have a go with our training, let me know..!

http://martinace.com/about-the-academy/

I agree Flex.. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Yup....

BJJ = Brazilian Ju Jitsu

But to me the real question is

Which nut is the most likely to be a martial art?

It wouldn't be a peanut for sure, maybe a Brazil Nut (BJJ).

Pistachios perhaps, but they need to come out of their shell a bit more

• Like 1

Wouldn't say Taekwondo is a bit of a joke, you are welcome to attend out Academy any time you wish

http://martinace.com...ut-the-academy/

I did not say any martial art is a joke. (people need to be careful when lumping quotes together)

From reading this thread most seem to think that martial arts are about aggression, hurting people, inflicting pain and winning.

I do not.

Will, your inference "appears" to suggest I would get hurt whilst training/taking part. If I or any student did it would suggest the master or instructor where not doing there job properly. Training is not about inflicting pain on fellow students.

And on a side note I'm old with a knackered body from abusing it for too long. So out to sea for some wave jumping. :teeth:

• Like 1

http://martinace.com...ut-the-academy/

I did not say any martial art is a joke. (people need to be careful when lumping quotes together)

From reading this thread most seem to think that martial arts are about aggression, hurting people, inflicting pain and winning.

I do not.

Will, your inference "appears" to suggest I would get hurt whilst training/taking part. If I or any student did it would suggest the master or instructor where not doing there job properly. Training is not about inflicting pain on fellow students.

And on a side note I'm old with a knackered body from abusing it for too long. So out to sea for some wave jumping. :teeth:

You completely got the wrong idea, I'm suggesting its hard work, sweat and tears..NOT hurting people. :scare: :scare:

Mind you my Son during training broke two of my fingers with a turning kick as I went to block it.

(My fault did not close my hand properly for the blocking move). :surrender:

• Like 1