Two days in a row!

nowhereboy

What is it with saloon drivers? yesterday I was driving to work and some idiot in a mondeo accelerated hard to catch up to me after I passed him waiting on a roundabout. He tailgaited me all the way to the slip road and then undertook me on the hard shoulder cutting across the traffic to get infront of me! I brushed it off and let him get on with it, didn't think much of it. Then on my way to work this morning I see the same guy at the same roundabout, he was sat a bit further back in traffic and as soon as he seen me he overtook the traffic leading up to the roundabout and accelerated hard to catch up to me, again sitting right on my rear bumper. This time I'm thinking "whats this guys problem?" admittedly I started getting a bit annoyed and when the traffic thinned out on the slip road I accelerated away from him in second gear (only to 60 MPH), I slowed to to join the traffic and he came storming up behind me and pulled straight into the motorway before the sliproad had ended nearly causing an accident, once past me he slowed down again to a normal speed.

I've came across people like this before and everytime I've got to ask myself "what are they trying to prove?"

I'm really frustrated at myself for retaliating and it's actually got under my skin a bit today and wound me up, just thought I'd vent by sharing it on here.

Yes we all have had it, they see the car, and other cars that have the boy racer stigma. I normally dont mind and try and wind them up to be honest. Driving really slow just to pi55 them off. Don't know how many have undertook me and shot down the middle lane past a number of cars. The day is coming when some pulls in and sends them into a barrier. I will make sure I stop when that happens to make sure they take all the blame :)

Do what i do and you will get more satisfaction. When i get the odd occasion where some spotty teenager pulls alongside me at traffic lights or at a junction, stares at my car and then gets ready to race me off the lights I just pull away slowly and let them go. Really irritates them as they know you have a faster and better car but they want to act like turds and try and beat you. Dont rise to their childish games..Try it, believe me you will feel so much better..

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

I'd normally ignore these drivers or slow down to annoy them but I slipped up today and lost my temper a bit. Anyhow lesson learnt, it won't be long before he puts his car in a ditch anyway.

It does baffle me tho, I'm not one for "street racing" but if I was I wouldn't pick fights with cars much faster than mine anyway. It's not like their was any space to race anyway, he just wanted to get ahead and was prepared to put other people in danger in order to do so.

Same thing happened to me last week joining onto the motorway from a rounderbout. A scooby was on the outside lane and I was inner on the rounderbout. Both of us accelerated hard out to joing the motorway. Before I knew it we were doing 140 , so easy and effortless. Needless to say I backed off as its was a stupid thing to do. Fun tho! ;)

My celica has a spoiler, big jap can exhaust and private plate. It looks like a boy racer car to many people so they treat it differently, they always want to challenge it and it gets super tiring after a while. It has better power to weight than most things on the road as it is modded and easily puts it down due to 4wd, it is very likely that it's going to be faster than their fwd diesel in any circumstance. So what's the point in hassling me! I tend to move out the way and let them get on with it, it's just not worth the hassle (read as danger) of being near to a nob end like that. If they try and cut me off from getting in a lane though, that's a different story, every last bit of PSI brought to bear :lol:

My celica has a spoiler, big jap can exhaust and private plate. It looks like a boy racer car to many people so they treat it differently, they always want to challenge it and it gets super tiring after a while. It has better power to weight than most things on the road as it is modded and easily puts it down due to 4wd, it is very likely that it's going to be faster than their fwd diesel in any circumstance. So what's the point in hassling me! I tend to move out the way and let them get on with it, it's just not worth the hassle (read as danger) of being near to a nob end like that. If they try and cut me off from getting in a lane though, that's a different story, every last bit of PSI brought to bear :lol:

I get the same thing in my four. you don't often see them on the road, so people come up really close behind, but mine's been de-badged, big dustbin for an exhaust. If people try to drive into my boot I either slow down on purpose or blow them into the weeds. :teeth:

I get the same thing in my four. you don't often see them on the road, so people come up really close behind, but mine's been de-badged, big dustbin for an exhaust. If people try to drive into my boot I either slow down on purpose or blow them into the weeds. :teeth:

I am a big fan of slowing down a lot by lifting off and then just as they have to change gear booting it back up to where I was. Don't do it so much these days as it isn't the safest thing provoking people like that... :blush:

Do what i do and you will get more satisfaction. When i get the odd occasion where some spotty teenager pulls alongside me at traffic lights or at a junction, stares at my car and then gets ready to race me off the lights I just pull away slowly and let them go. Really irritates them as they know you have a faster and better car but they want to act like turds and try and beat you. Dont rise to their childish games..Try it, believe me you will feel so much better..

Absolutely agree, except I also add a smug grin into the mix :thumbs:

OP- as for mondeo man he's an obvious tool and is best ignored, when he ends up in a ditch smile nicely as you drive past in your far superior zed :)

• Like 1