Heel-Toe in a 350z

SJ350z

Has anyone tried to Heel-toe at all? And particularly in a 350z? I tried in some of my other cars and found it to be pretty challenging ! Can rev match on the downshift but that isn't rocket science. Just considering of slowly working my way into Track and Circuit

Discussion welcome all !! :gathering:

I'd say compared to most cars the zed is pretty well suited to this as the pedals are reasonably close together.

I've never done it however and don't really know how. It's not something I'd start practicing on the road!

Right in that case .. Garden it is! :lol::drive1

joking aside I might have a little go down a big industrial estate when its quiet ! gotta practice sometime

yep, not a problem heel and toeing in the 350z. although you may find its more left side of foot on brake, right side of foot blips the throttle.

i find it a lot easier when braking hard - means the brake and throttle are more level for a start, but I find if you only brake lightly, you often get an extra lurch of brake when you try and blip the throttle.

But definitely worth practising, its an invaluable skill for track driving a manual car when a botched downshift under braking can cause instability or even rear axle lock up.

Thanks for the comments chaps :thumbs: Where does one find this 380rs pedal.. ( god damn i love that car on gran tourismo 5 :( )

Definitely got to give this a go though. Like you said brill its an invaluabe skill and I want the driver mod ;)

So easy in a 350Z , both up and down the box.. you need to practice, well worth the

reward to get a smooth seamless gear change. :thumbs:

up the box?

Use "blip" on downchange... :thumbs:

Well yes, obvs. But you were inferring blipping in both directions?

So easy in a 350Z , both up and down the box.. you need to practice, well worth the

up the box?

No, I wasn't. I thought it would be obvious that you heel and toe on up shifts and blip on downchange.

I was referring to using your feet..!! ;)

• Like 1

up the box?

No, I wasn't. I thought it would be obvious that you heel and toe on up shifts and blip on downchange.

I was referring to using your feet..!! ;)

I'm confused.

• Like 2