New Jag!

Digsy

Let the debate begin:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/first_offi ... 963&page=1

I'll reserve final judgment until I see it in the flesh but I'm a bit disappointed. Take away the details and it looks almost Lexus-like. I supect Jag couldn't win whatever they did but at least more ham-fisted retro has been avoided.

Your right it does look like a new GS. Is that necessarily a bad thing though?

Still its not bad for Jaguar, they need something to go along side the XK model instead of the old school S-type, X-type stuff.

Another case of lovely prototype, horrible production version. And it does look like a Lexus to me.

Horrible, let's hope it drives better than it looks, but suspect this is another nail in the coffin for Jaguar. We drove past Sturgess Jaguar on Sunday in Leicester and there wasn't one person in showroom mid day. Sturgess Land Rover on the other hand was very busy.

PS: I like yours better Tim

Drove my brothers XJRS today, not driven it for a while, very heavy, solid, and sits on the road the way a Grand Tourer should, and did I mention double 6, thobbing torque, absolutely beaufiful.

The new ones are nice, but they've slightly lost the Jag class and become a bit more generic. No offence, difference strokes for different folks. Now if you're talking Jag, then maybe XKR. :yahoo::wiggle::notworthy:

http://www.jaguar.co.nz/nz/en/xk/galler ... graphy.htm

We had a display earlier this year at a very noteable car show, needless to say they had to drag me away from the XKR display, and then only to dragged away from the Bugatti. :yahoo:

Never liked the old XKR and I think the current one arrived too late as the DB was already out there and established.

That new Jag is just another run of the mill car. Jag need to move forward but must design a car that people know and will call a Jag from the outset. I’d say the car spent too long in design and missed it’s moment or was styled in a hurray as they are under pressure to compete.