Shall I spray my Z white?

Zedrush

White is becoming more popular again and is quite the 'in thing' now. However, as some of the others said - if you're doing it you may as well go for something totally unique. You can get white imports easily, I could have got a white one easier than the sunset from Japan so it's obviously really popular over there - still not seen one here though on the road. I totally love the colour of Tere's Zed - Brickyard?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I think Dorian and Digsy are right go for a completely different colour. I like what the Pisukt done to his car really lairy Im thinking if i get flip paint might look a bit chavtastic, :wacko: or should i just leave it black and get on with the rest of the mods :blush:

Hmm I think Dorian and Digsy are right go for a completely different colour. I like what the Pisukt done to his car really lairy Im thinking if i get flip paint might look a bit chavtastic, :wacko: or should i just leave it black and get on with the rest of the mods :blush:

You are a man who likes the best, right? So no black bits showing anywhere with a respray? That means a complete car strip - do you really want to be without your car for ages and hoping it comes back all as it should be - potentially a lot to ask :wacko: .

On the other hand if you buy a white JDM then a compromise might be just having the exterior done in the magic paint and with your other mods (your present wheels would look ace on a white car), you then have the makings of something very special? B)

BTW, white and alezan - I don't think so :scare:

You are a man who likes the best, right? So no black bits showing anywhere with a respray? That means a complete car strip - do you really want to be without your car for ages and hoping it comes back all as it should be - potentially a lot to ask :wacko: .

On the other hand if you buy a white JDM then a compromise might be just having the exterior done in the magic paint and with your other mods (your present wheels would look ace on a white car), you then have the makings of something very special? B)

Damn it why do you have to make so much sense :p;)

Hmm I think Dorian and Digsy are right go for a completely different colour. I like what the Pisukt done to his car really lairy Im thinking if i get flip paint might look a bit chavtastic, :wacko: or should i just leave it black and get on with the rest of the mods :blush:[/quote

Paul T will do just fine :teeth:

Damn it why do you have to make so much sense :p;)

But you're not going to take any notice what an oldun says, surely? Come on, if I really didn't want my sons doing something I encouraged them to do it - reverse pyschology and all that ;):p

In answer to your other question about a colour others would do a car, mine would be Olive Green metallic with a harsh flip to pearlescent black. Not a Zed though.

If you've got someone who can do the work for free, then I think you have to go for something completely unique, eg a House of Kolor build up or some other manufacturers colour you like. A white one can be bought, so unless you did something different with it (airbrushing, large flake metallic etc) I don't see what you'd get from it.

I think you should do it. Candy Apple Red has a bronze base coat, layers of deep, deep red built up and the metallic flake is an orangey gold. Looks stunning B):thumbs:

In answer to your other question about a colour others would do a car, mine would be Olive Green metallic with a harsh flip to pearlescent black. Not a Zed though.

If you've got someone who can do the work for free, then I think you have to go for something completely unique, eg a House of Kolor build up or some other manufacturers colour you like. A white one can be bought, so unless you did something different with it (airbrushing, large flake metallic etc) I don't see what you'd get from it.

I think you should do it. Candy Apple Red has a bronze base coat, layers of deep, deep red built up and the metallic flake is an orangey gold. Looks stunning B):thumbs:

+1 :thumbs:

+1 :thumbs:

+ 1 :thumbs:

Jay dont do it! If you are, sell your car and buy a white import.

What i think you should do is go for a black pearlescent colour. Where in different lights it shines a different color.

There was an MG SV that had the most amazing colour, it was Black to purple to bronze travel, it was stunning. Im trying to find the colour now...I think it was Dark Fantasy.

Yep thats it...DO IT! lol

What i think you should do is go for a black pearlescent colour. Where in different lights it shines a different color.

There was an MG SV that had the most amazing colour, it was Black to purple to bronze travel, it was stunning. Im trying to find the colour now...I think it was Dark Fantasy.

+1 on the dark fantasy, I think its a TVR colour - I've seen it on a sagaris & it looks B)

+1 on the dark fantasy, I think its a TVR colour - I've seen it on a sagaris & it looks B)

I think you are right, MG and TVR have similar colours, all be it a different name.

Jay when i am next round, i will show you some examples. Also if you want a first class place to do your paint, let me know, my friends Dad now has a spray booth at his garage and has been painting cars for over 30 years. He can even do flip paint.

can anyone remind me the cost of getting a good full respray job and timescale to complete?

I assume this "good" respray will cover the door/ tailgate apertures, hinge area, etc...basically any secondary visible areas of the car ( I mean areas where normally you don't see, but on detail inspection you could pick up the car has been re-sprayed , and I don't mean the engine bay I guess this will be an extra job)

Guest prescience

I've done it for you, I've sprayed your Z white which explains why you can't see it against the background of this post

Sorry :blush::lol: