It's a sad day for wheels :(

Grundy

The downgrading a brake option is a small term solution, as I can't afford Coilly's just yet, if I could I'd have got them and jumped on the camber wagon.

Thing is, as Stevo mentioned to me,

These guys are running £2k+ Wheels, so spending extra to Flare/New Fenders etc to get them to fit makes sense.

Mine are not £2k wheels :( Granted to me my wheels are expensive! But no idea how much it would cost to flare the arches.

The downgrading a brake option is a small term solution, as I can't afford Coilly's just yet, if I could I'd have got them and jumped on the camber wagon.

Thing is, as Stevo mentioned to me,

These guys are running £2k+ Wheels, so spending extra to Flare/New Fenders etc to get them to fit makes sense.

Mine are not £2k wheels :( Granted to me my wheels are expensive! But no idea how much it would cost to flare the arches.

£100-£200 tops, for a decent job :)

• Like 1

They use a heat gun to soften the metal a bit and then a purpose built machine to flatten the lips and then roll the arches, adding flare to it if necessary as well. Very occasionally it will crack paint but on unmolested and unfilled arches you should be fine :)

wait what your an ex-dubber and you dont know about arch rolling and flaring :scare:

:lol: Mk4's already had rolled arches :p

Cheers Suits :)

I've got the jist of Rolling, it's the flaring that gets me - I.e. your gaining a few extra mm extension, but where does this mm come from? Magic? :lol: I've got a rough idea, but that's what goes through my head atm.

Think I'll pass on the Ghetto style :lol: Other wise I'd have to equip my wheels with chrome spinners!

Have you seen GT4Zeds for sale advert?

He's been selling some awesome coilover's for awhile now ~ did have KW but they've sold but he does still have an awesome set of Tein's with the EDFC and all for £900 odd. Trust me that's a bargain price for that set up grundy.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...w-v3-coilovers/

Oh and you should definitely get your arches rolled ~ with Stevo on that one as I can't believe an ex-dubber who doesn't know bout that sh*t. :lol::D

Edited by GMballistic

#

Have you seen GT4Zeds for sale advert?

He's been selling some awesome coilover's for awhile now ~ did have KW but they've sold but he does still have an awesome set of Tein's with the EDFC and all for £900 odd. Trust me that's a bargain price for that set up grundy.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...w-v3-coilovers/

Oh and you should definitely get your arches rolled ~ with Stevo on that one as I can't believe an ex-dubber who doesn't know bout that sh*t. :lol::D

Don't have £900 spare :lol: We can't all splash out on fancy super chargers when we want ;)

:lol: Guys I do know what are rolling is, bending the lip back up inside the ache to all a flush path inside to avoid hitting the tyre, it's the flaring I'm talking about.

Or am I missing something and they are the same?

The website said they could see gains of being able to run an 11J wheel with a 0 offset on a 350z with the right tyre setup. But that's for the rear. Waiting to hear from them for any more info on work they have done on 350z

:lol:

Q7- Why is rolling an arch better than doing it myself with a hammer or a baseball bat, or grinding it off.

A7 – Mostly because rolling is gentle on your paint. Also we can roll the lip back flatter than you can get it with a hammer, we can pull the arch out further than you could with a bat and it won’t weaken the arch or leave it open to rust like grinding the lip off can do.

Edited by grundy225

..We can't all splash out on fancy super chargers when we want ;)

Why not? :shrug::lol:

fortune-cookie-lottery.jpg

Seriously I know it's a lot of money bud for those coilovers but just wanted to give you a heads up. :D;)

Trust me I saw them and want them :lol: But can't get close to that for a little while.
  • Like 1

Just get some springs for now, i sold my Apexi for £60 - £75 (cant remember) and they were a great spring!

You need to take a look at mine mate, my sprayer flared my arches without need for paint, when you next down at the shed? Speak to Buster or Keyser, they have seen mine!

Mine worked out at 9.5 minus 5 (theoretical), what is your width and theoretical offset?

Edited by Jetpilot

Think I'll pass on the Ghetto style :lol: Other wise I'd have to equip my wheels with chrome spinners!

you may laugh at the ghetto way but ive had 2 car personally and a few friends cars done this way and in this weather is perfect only difference is we used a breaker bar not a bat

you may laugh at the ghetto way but ive had 2 car personally and a few friends cars done this way and in this weather is perfect only difference is we used a breaker bar not a bat

It is definitely doable...

• Like 1

I can sell you an arch roller for £100 :lol:

I thought the issue is with the design of the wheel not clearing the brembos though?

Someone on here will swap non brembo's plus cash for your brembo's and then I will do you some Stoptech pads cheap and they will probably perform better than your current brakes any way :D

• Like 1