It's a sad day for wheels :(

Grundy

CosmisXT-206R14of22_zps38d9a02f.jpg

Went to order my front discs today to finally solve the problem of the whole 'My front wheels don't fit :lol '

They emailed me back with - Afraid we ordered a set last week and we couldn't get them on the hubs of the 350z :cry: :cry: :cry:

So awaiting an email if he has any other solutions....

Been a while since I looked at all the measurements so not really done any more digging today, it's too bloody hot to think!

But once Tarmac has his copy of Rocket Bunny Kit available (probably next year) I've called first trial on that :lol:

But for now I may just run JDM calipers, with uprated Discs, Pads and HEL Braided lines. Just awaiting prices from Clarky.

Yes to some of you it may of been easier to replace the wheels etc, but afraid that was never an option on the table for me. It's the world of modding, and this is just one of this issues that crops up. They'l be on with Brembo's one day!

Downgrade the brakes rather than pull the arches? Really? :headhurt:

Not looked into that option to much as I didn't want to go down the 'tampering' with body route - but if I'm going RBK it doesn't really matter.

Depends on cost.

But the other issue is I'd need to do rears and then space rears as well as with spacers, they stick out more than the rear.

wow really so all the cars in america and europe and japan with non brembos crash on a daily basis, **** me what next cars without mpss tyres arnt safe o wait we've had that,

go JDM get some good uprated discs and pads new steel brake lines and some new fluid chances are it will stop better than the factory set up brembos

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 2

I know youve tried it but I cant see that a 9.5 ET15 needs 25mm of spacing to clear the brakes, that would mean the same wheel as 9.5 ET 40 would only just clear the brakes ............. have you tried thinner spacers?

My 10J ET -18's clear with a 25mm spacer, you do the maths .......... I think something aint quite right here mate :dry:

15mm all round wouldn't look too weird with a flare on the arches and a healthy drop down surely?

said this before get a 235 or a 225 if your pushing it and get here tucked up be fine

Problem with tyres is it's expensive to test.

If you do change the brakes what about discs & calipers from a Z32?

I've found some American's with the standard Z33 (non track model) are moving to Z32 calipers. Link: http://my350z.com/fo...2-calipers.html

296mm x 24mm Rotor

350Z2003-Up (Z33, Track)

324mm x 30mm Rotor

Z32 26mm Aluminum (1990 NA 300ZX)

280mm x 26mm Rotor

Z32 30mm Aluminum (1990-1992.5 Turbo 300ZXand 1991-1992.5 NA 300ZX)

280mm x 30mm Rotor

Z32 30mm Iron (1992.5-1996 Turbo and NA 300ZX)

280mm x 30mm Rotor

Could that possibly give you the extra room you need?

I have no idea though if that would that be better than the JDM brakes or worse though ~ just giving you ideas.

Edit: copy/paste f**ked up

Edited by GMballistic

Aye GM, that was another option found today by Stevo. I'd need to find a set at the scrappy to find out the measurements etc (Unless anyone knew the depth of them compared to Brembos)

Lexx has a Z32 doesn't he?

• Like 1

Aye GM, that was another option found today by Stevo. I'd need to find a set at the scrappy to find out the measurements etc (Unless anyone knew the depth of them compared to Brembos)

Lexx has a Z32 doesn't he?

dunno it was on a trailer at the side of the road last i saw unless ive got the wrong person

• Like 1

15mm is a roll and a slight flare, or if youre on coilovers another degree of camber and a bit of stretch. See, this man has a 9.5 ET0 which is clearing his Brembos, hes running a 225 tyre at 2 degs camber up front on a rolled/slight pulled arch.

1363504262.jpg

Even as a massive wheel whore, downgrading brakes to fit wheels is not an option. The other option is a wider front fender, youd only need a +15 but I cant find any in the UK - Knight Racer used to do them though .........

15mm is a roll and a slight flare, or if youre on coilovers another degree of camber and a bit of stretch. See, this man has a 9.5 ET0 which is clearing his Brembos, hes running a 225 tyre at 2 degs camber up front on a rolled/slight pulled arch.

Even as a massive wheel whore, downgrading brakes to fit wheels is not an option. The other option is a wider front fender, youd only need a +15 but I cant find any in the UK - Knight Racer used to do them though .........

Id rather stick a toilet brush up my arse than use knight racer, would be a better experience

• Like 2