Opinions on alfa 159?

LRF4N

Performance isn't on the agenda with her car. I drive it when the 3 of us go out so not gonna be hooning with the wee one in the back

Il have the skyline and in the future another cruiser for work so performance will be definitely on the agenda with these cars lol but not fussed for the wife

She's currently got a Mazda 3 sport saloon which has served us well and isn't your bog standard family car but the alfa will be a nice step up

Thanks for your opinions so far keep them coming

Performance isn't on the agenda with her car. I drive it when the 3 of us go out so not gonna be hooning with the wee one in the back

Il have the skyline and in the future another cruiser for work so performance will be definitely on the agenda with these cars lol but not fussed for the wife

She's currently got a Mazda 3 sport saloon which has served us well and isn't your bog standard family car but the alfa will be a nice step up

Thanks for your opinions so far keep them coming

I was just going to say will it be the family car, no harm in having the better engine though huh ;)

Sent from the golf club...

I had the 3.0 V6 GTV for a very enjoyable 4 years.

Yes things went wrong, but mostly wear and tear. Main thing with Alfa's to look out for-

Cambelt change £400 - £800

Spark plugs changed £150

Oil service done regularly

Subframe rust

Oil cooler pipes corroding £500

Cracks in exhaust manifold

Flat spots on acceleration - MAF

They are great cars so long as maintained well. Yes there will be some rubbish ones out there but that is like any brand. Great car and I miss my GTV V6 noise, it was epic.

I had a Alfa Brera for 3 1/2 years from new and loved it. Got more attention and compliments than any car I've ever had. Sometimes when parked next to much more expensive cars.

Nothing went wrong with mine. Nearly cried the day I sold it.

d6e47bef59c2ad995a0e6bfda2917922.jpg

Edited by Kev

I had a Alfa Brera for 3 1/2 years from new and loved it. Got more attention and compliments than any car I've ever had. Sometimes when parked next to much more expensive cars.

Did you not find it a bit slow compared the Zed? :)

It was a heavy and thirsty car. Not v quick but I loved it.

The interior was miles ahead of the Z though. Tan leather was really nice and I liked the glass roof.

Used to get compliments at the traffic lights as well as petrol stations and my girlfriend loved it.

I remember watching a group test vs a rx8 and TT on top gear after I bought it. They all agreed it was the worst car of the 3 in many ways, yet is was the one they would all choose.

I've had a lot of cars over the years and the Brera wasn't the best, but it was by far my favourite.

There was something special about it which is hard to explain.

Edited by Kev
  • Like 1

That's not the first time iv heard an alfa owner say that and it definitely won't be the last. I was thinking of an A4 for the wife but can't remember how the alfa came into my head. The more I thought about it the more I liked the idea- mainly cos I wanna see what the fuss is about :lol:

It was an Alfa, thats how you explain it. Ive had two Lancias and its the same thing, they are actually pretty @*!# as cars but you get attached to them like nothing else. I remember when I got my old S13 200SX back on the road and parked my HF Turbo up, I couldnt believe how characterless the 200 felt after 6 months of windows going up and down by themselves, warning lights coming on, taking diffferent lines round each corner etc., I still miss it :cry:

It was an Alfa, thats how you explain it. Ive had two Lancias and its the same thing, they are actually pretty @*!# as cars but you get attached to them like nothing else. I remember when I got my old S13 200SX back on the road and parked my HF Turbo up, I couldnt believe how characterless the 200 felt after 6 months of windows going up and down by themselves, warning lights coming on, taking diffferent lines round each corner etc., I still miss it :cry:

I had a GT for a couple of months and didn't really like it.

I think with the Brera it was the looks and the interior.

Mine had a black leather and gunmetal grey brushed alliminium dash, black and tan leather door panels and tan leather seats. No plastic anywhere. Better than any German car I've had and felt like it belonged in a Maserati.

They are quite a wide car too, so the interior was spacious upfront.

I still miss it. Was just getting over parting with it before I read this thread :)

Just seen this and gonna jump right to the point... lol

In this spec and colour scheme/wheels/mirrors etc.... I consider it the BEST looking saloon. Forget big Audi's etc the 159 is so simple and good looking and with those sporty touches, as in the pic, they look great. Really nice when you see it go past in the flesh :thumbs:

http://xn--80aqafcrt..., 2048x1508.jpg

http://images.drive...._159_Ti_1_m.jpg

Edited by AMT

If you go for a 1.9 diesel check when the cambelt and water pump was last changed. They should be changed every 4 years or 48k as the pumps fail taking the belt with it.

We owned a GT Jtdm Lusso like sarnies and it was a very nice car but had its negatives and only returned 32mpg around town.

• Like 1