The Official Happy Birthday Thread

DoogyRev

It even feels less personal posting it in a pre-made thread...... *Sigh*

It isn't personal at all. Its very impersonal.. :scare: :scare:

At least on FB you get a reminder of somebody's Birthday and then its up to you to send them

a PERSONAL Birthday Wish..!!

Same with many other Forums...I think we should have a democratic vote

from Members on here as to the the Birthday Thread.

Whats the general feeling on this..?? :surrender: :surrender:

You can always set up a Forum Poll Will :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare:

Steel Lynx is King of Birthday Threads, so I'll leave it to him as to setting up a

Forum Poll, if he doesn't want to do it then I'll do it, but I think he should have first choice. :thumbs:

Happy birthday to anyone who's birthday that it is that reads this thread.

Seems a bit mental, you'll have to tidy this thread up every so often.. Be annoying going through 30 pages to see if anyone wished you happy birthday.

• Like 2

Seems a bit mental, you'll have to tidy this thread up every so often.. Be annoying going through 30 pages to see if anyone wished you happy birthday.

If your name does not appear on the header

of the thread then nobody is going to bother..!!! :scare: :scare: :scare:

Just do what I did and wish everybody ever a happy birthday and then PM your mates :)

• Like 1

Just do what I did and wish everybody ever a happy birthday and then PM your mates :)

I guess so, it was just nice to see that bit of acceptance/sentiment from everyone wishing someone a good day.. I know sometimes people who don't use the forum get a thread but like it matters.

Oh well :)

• Like 1

its a 50/50

as the personal touch is quite nice to see it, and dont take this personally it did seem a bit computer generated in the sense of like the emails from company's wishing you a good birthday and feels a bit like people only wishing you as they didnt know/forgot it was your birthday does that make sense i dunno

Maybe a banner that at the top of the screen with today forum related news/birthdays could be used so if its actually someone you like you can Pm them a personal message keeps the forum free for people like me to post pictures of chocolate fingers :p

but look i bet if you looked at all the threads created in the last 12 months birthday threads would 35% of them does this larger amount of threads costs more?

Edited by StevoD

Like I said before. I only do birthday messages to people that have actually logged on recently since there's a good chance they might actually see it. If they've not been active for a couple of weeks or more then I don't bother. :)

• Like 1

If it was really bothering people why not create a little sub forum for birthday wishes. That way people can have their own thread and feel a little special :)

I am special, very special :wacko:

Edited by Flex

About 4 people have been wished a Happy Birthday on this thread since the 13th July.

Time to scrap it and go back to the old format or something similar where its personal

and not just a long meaningless thread ..!!!! :scare: :scare:

About 4 people have been wished a Happy Birthday on this thread since the 13th July.

Time to scrap it and go back to the old format or something similar where its personal

and not just a long meaningless thread ..!!!! :scare: :scare:

Does seem like this thread isn't going to work, ,,,or isn't working.

At least we gave it a go but it's down to the mods now to make a decision to whether it goes or stays. ;)

• Like 1

You would have done ph7 if it was the old system. :thumbs:

Even if you did get wished a Happy Birthday, then nobody

would have found it unless they knew it was your Birthday

and then scrolled through this thread. :scare: :scare:.

This thread was started at the request of other members, so we have given it a go and you're all still moaning (well WhackyWill is) . . so I will lock this and you can all go back to separate threads . . . :)

• Like 4