Stance

Almeida1234

Heres a fact most will hate these stance car are running real wheel like volks, gram lights, weds etc not some shitty heavy 20" wheel from ebay, Real body parts no replica lips or kits real recaros/bride not cheap ebay buckets, real exhuats no cheap Japspeed replicas stuff

that silver 350z ws a goos show car in its time what year was that at sema 2007? 2008?

lets looks at show cars at sema now 6-7 years on, things have changed

WMD_9752.jpg

8b5d71e625bb8d4050899e361b2926da_zps6bfd004a.jpg

SEMA2013-7794.jpg

Edited by StevoD

Like a lot of things it just gets taken to the extreme, I haven't seen any 'retarded' Zed's at any meets or on here in pics, most members on here like to drive their cars not trailer them to a show :)

I don't care how much bits for a car cost TBH, I am far more impressed with something that has been done with love than something that has just been sent to a shop and someone been told to make it look good...

That's why Buster won best Zed at Wales 2013, all pretty much his own work and yeah if you looked close not as perfect a job as some but I liked it and so did most others

Sent from the golf club...

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 2

So good points all round,

Few things on stance some of you probably don't know...

Lots of money goes into it (when done right) which means these cars are on air ride suspension. They don't drive around 24/7 with there arse on the ground and the wheels in the arch. Granted some do, but most true stance showers have respect and want to look after there car.

I haven't seen any crazy Camber in any of these pictures. I'm all for a bit of camber but when you have a golf with its wheels 90* angled, that look daft. Some people might want to do a bit of research on camber before jumping on the hate wagon as a little bit of camber here or there is what is used for track work / drifting. It's not just to make your wheels fit ( they'd make mine fit :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like a lot of things it just gets taken to the extreme, I haven't seen any 'retarded' Zed's at any meets or on here in pics, most members on here like to drive their cars not trailer them to a show :)

I don't care how much bits for a car cost TBH, I am far more impressed with something that has been done with love than something that has just been sent to a shop and someone been told to make it look good...

That's why Buster won best Zed at Wales 2013, all pretty much his own work and yeah if you looked close not as perfect a job as some but I liked it and so did most others

Sent from the golf club...

o yea very much agreed theres always people pushing it as far as they can go be it wings stance power,

but its very un educated and naive to say stance cars are retarded and look @*!# or 'Gay' Considering all the cars ive posted are stance just to say stance cars are gay because maybe 5% of people who stance do this

Ryan_Lee_350Z_13.jpg

No one has said all stanced cars look gay. Loads of camber and the arches sitting way over the wheel is gay. Low and wide looks great

Nothing to do with poor education or being naive it's just an opinion. Think your taking this a bit too personally when your car isn't in the gay 5% :lol:

• Like 1

^^ I agree with you on that for definite mikejbry.

Bl**dy undriveable cars for the most part which are entirely retarded. :wacko:

Agreed. Retarded

I should clarify as I'm not a huge modder! Lowered and spacered looks good, its the camber that gives it the retarded look. The rear wheels look like the suspension has collapsed,

The black zed you put up looks amazing.

pics removed

there built for show not smashing lap records

I get what you're saying but honestly they look sh*te. :shrug:

I've been to a fair few car shows in my time and I wouldn't even give some of those cars a second look. They don't look good, ..they just look broken! Like the suspension has collapsed imo.

Like so;

^^ Nice colour, some subtle mods (like spoiler removed & added rear window spoiler) but then ruined by the fact that it looks like the suspension has collapsed and the tyres don't fit the alloys.

This is what I'd say was a good "show" 350Z below...

pics removed

there built for show not smashing lap records

let me put it in this context

them cars are like ya girl wearing them sexy high shoes there stupid as they hurt her feet making walking hard and generally getting about a challenge but she wears them to get the looks and attention apply that to these cars, she could go out at night in a pair of running shoes like a track car but people arnt going to show interest just like a set of rays with MPSS wrapped around them visually know one gives a ****

But these cars aren't like that. They're more like guys wearing high heels cos they look pretty gay

I'd rather my mrs wore trainers than be in a civil partnership

Edited by StevoD

Yes they do look gay- I was talking about the 6 that mikejbry posted. Loads of camber with the arches covering all the tyre and sometimes wheel

Iv said that 3 times in this thread

I did clarify that I was referring to the cars running excessive camber, not all stanced cars, everyone is entitled to an opinion, as are you, its not important if we share opinions as we all like different things.

To call me and others here uneducated is a little silly and very defensive

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Disrespectful :lol:

Still don't get why your taking this so personal??

Were saying their taste in mods is gay not them. I would say the same about barryboy style chavvy cars. It's not disrespectful cos were talking about their cars not them

If your car was set up like that I could understand but it's not. Can't understand why your getting your nipples in a twist

• Like 2

Were saying their taste in mods is gay not them. I would say the same about barryboy style chavvy cars. It's not disrespectful cos were talking about their cars not them

If your car was set up like that I could understand but it's not. Can't understand why your getting your nipples in a twist

Yeah very strange, 99.9% of people seem to be of the same opinion, lowered as far as you can get away with and wheels right out a low touching the arches is great, if a little impractical in this country. Excessive camber and wheels sticking way out of the arches is just silly. Must say using the word retarded is not really right and maybe that is what upset Steve? Sometimes offensive words like that can just hit a nerve.

Barry boy cars like white skylines :p

Get over it already, the cars look rubbish like that in "my opinion", it's not disrespectful, I don't have to like something because someone tells me, I can appreciate the work gone into them, the fact I don't like the end result is here nor there.

• Like 1

They aren't your cars, I doubt any of the owners are going to cry that I don't like them. If someone said they think my car looks retarded, or @*!#, or pointless because of a mod I have made, that's up to them, I won't shed any tears. If someone adds some crazy camber like those pictured I would imagine they are used to people having a strong opinion, good or bad about it.

They aren't your cars, I doubt any of the owners are going to cry that I don't like them. If someone said they think my car looks retarded, or @*!#, or pointless because of a mod I have made, that's up to them, I won't shed any tears. If someone adds some crazy camber like those pictured I would imagine they are used to people having a strong opinion, good or bad about it.

Calm down and stop using the term 'retarded' it's really pretty offensive even when used to describe a car

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 1

Calm down and stop using the term 'retarded' it's really pretty offensive even when used to describe a car

Retarded can mean less advanced in mental, social or physical development for ones age,

...OR as I'm sure it's being used in this case, just to mean; stupid or foolish.

Either way this thread has gone totally off topic. :dry:

• Like 1