I just have to share how excited i am

sl114

I just met Dave Grohl! Was in the toilets and he stepped up in the urinal next to me. NO I DIDNT LOOK! Went to wash my hands he did the same and i had to say hello, so i did. Such a nice guy, we spoke briefly about guitars and music, i was also trying to get any exclusives but nothing. He is very media wise.

Then i popped into the studio while he was in there with the band, got a thumbs up and then on the way out a high 5!

How cool is that!

Sorry to bore you all but i just had to share it.

Which leads me onto...

...what famous people have you met and where?

The biggest few i have met are Sean Connery, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Prince and Rodger Moore.

That is awesome!! Love his music!! Fair play to you mate!!

I haven't met anyone famous I don't think but did go to school with Dane Bowers if you can call him famous!! :lol:

My Uncle is also a spitting image of Leslie Nielsen if that counts! :lol:

Seen a lot of famous people but no one I’d want to saw hello to. For example Ronan Keating, I’d rather kick him in the head than speak to him.

Seen Bono a number of times in his Meser. Ugly car. 04 model or something. Again I wouldn’t want to speak to him.

Would love to meet Grohl though.

I just met Dave Grohl! Was in the toilets and he stepped up in the urinal next to me. NO I DIDNT LOOK! Went to wash my hands he did the same and i had to say hello, so i did. Such a nice guy, we spoke briefly about guitars and music, i was also trying to get any exclusives but nothing. He is very media wise.

Then i popped into the studio while he was in there with the band, got a thumbs up and then on the way out a high 5!

How cool is that!

Sorry to bore you all but i just had to share it.

Which leads me onto...

...what famous people have you met and where?

The biggest few i have met are Sean Connery, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Prince and Rodger Moore.

That's class Louis! He is a god!! One of my fave bands and always comes across in a good humoured and relaxed way. No pretentiousness.....

But you do work in media circles so would expect you to have the best list!

When I was in the band, I met, in fact played gigs with Radiohead (they suppored us twice in Reading), Oasis (early days before they got signed, they played lower down the bill at a showcase in manchester), World Party, Levellers, Sandkings amongst others......

Met quite a few others including Gary Glitter (in the recording studio, his son worked there) Bernard Manning (hilton park services). There's two I'd rather forget ! And met some others that I have forgotten .... :D

Awesome dude! He is a god indeed. I havent ever met anyone :(

Off to V Festival on Friday, where Foo's are playing, wanna see if you can get me back stage? I'll trade you my missus weekend camping pass, she'll understand!

Awesome dude! He is a god indeed. I havent ever met anyone :(

Off to V Festival on Friday, where Foo's are playing, wanna see if you can get me back stage? I'll trade you my missus weekend camping pass, she'll understand!

Let me see what i can do mate, not sure though as its too soon to speak to the label about. I wanted to go to see then at V but dont have time at the moment, im trying to see if they are playing in the states around christmas when i am there.

I have to say, he is the most polite no arrogant artist i have ever met and i was so shaking when i said hello - i thought he would think it was strange! Just gutted i didnt get a picture or anything, however that would have been strange in a toilet! lol

Top man :thumbs: Dave is indeed one cool guy :thumbs:

I met Crissy Hind, Chris Martin and Kate Moss on an Easyjet flight to Glasgow a couple of years back when they were going to Stella McCartney's wedding...... the whole plane was waiting on them :rant:

Martin looked like a tramp........

Nice one, mate! Definitely one of the good guys in rock. B)

Only celeb I ever met was Nigel Mansell. I was 15 and on my last hols with the family in Austria. On the Sunday night we were eating in the hotel restaurant when Big Nige, his wife and his moustache walk in. We ask the head waiter if he can get an autograph for us. He comes back to say Nige isn't in the best of moods (his wheel having fallen off in the race for those old enough to remember) but if I'm up in the morning I can caddy for him at golf (I think he was playing off 2 at the time).

Next morning I get up and can't find a camera anywhere, so grab little bro's Polaroid and shoot out the door. He's playing the course at Seefeld (beautiful course with one of those holes where there's a tee on one level and then a huge drop/cliff and the green way below IIRC) and he's accompanied by the hotel manager and the editor of Italian Golf Magazine. He travels in a Quattro Sport (yes, the ugly but extremely fast chopped down Quattro) and we're in regular Quattros.

Now when I say caddying it really only amounted to pulling the trolley along - he wasn't going to take advice from a non-playing 15 year old was he? He basically ignored me for a few holes. I then decided to take a picture as he was teeing off. :scare: I'd never used a Polaroid before and as it whirred and banged I wanted the ground to open up! :blush:

A couple of holes later he deigned to speak to me - his PR bit presumably. It probably didn't help that I was a Nelson Piquet fan at the time :boxing: but lets say we didn't exactly hit it off and the chat lasted no more than 5 mins.

Got some good photos though and definitely a day to remember. :D

Guest prescience
....he was also in Nirvana

I don't care what Buddhist state he was in, just who he is :lol:

However since Nirvana can be described as the 'End of Suffering' and he had just had a slash - then it all begins to make sense :thumbs:

Had a pee next to Dan Ackroyd in the Chicago House Of Blues.

He then got a phonecall from his wife who was obviously expecting him home as he was telling her he was just going to have one more beer with the guys and then he would come home :lol:

Embarrassed smiles and 'Hi there's exchanged....

Never met anyone particularly famous. Quite a lot of footballers over the years (including Cantona - I found an autographed sheet the other week!)

Same here mostly footballers. I once met the entire chelsea squad :yuck:

Also met Shane Lynch :blush: