World Cup

Jetpilot

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who is responsible

• Manager
    • Individuals
    • Team

So without the help from other teams we are on our way home, lots of chat surrounding individuals, the team, manager etc but lets be fair even if we reach the knockout its not deserved etc so who is ultimately responsible!

Lets keep it simple, if we want to discuss players, set up we can on the world cup chat!

Can you put up a option for team + manager + media?

I didn't think England would get a point and it looks like it is going to happen. Both games England played well but as I said in the other thread they aren't in the same league as previous England teams. It wasn't a strong Italy side, far from it, and a 70% fit saurez although I do think the 2nd goal was against the run of play.

I think the media are Englands biggest problem and I hope they don't slaughter any of the young players as they have ruined a few players before. I think the world cup came too soon for England but I think in 4 years with the same team you can look to at least making the 1/4.

Good lord man, it's not been the Premiership for years! :lol:

England have always had good individuals, but rarely have we ever been able to put together a decent team. Managers are always picking players based on name, not on form. That pressure comes from the FA, who have nice fat sponsorship deals lined up involving Rooney, Gerrard et al. No-one wants to pay to support a team consisting of Lallana and Lambert.

I would say England is a shadow of the team 18 years ago (saying that makes me feel old), that really was a good team.

Shearer, Sheringham, Gascoigne, Pearce, Adams, Macattack and Ince :cloud9:

A lethal blend of grit (Pearce, Adams, Ince), silk (Gascoigne, McManaman), brains (Sheringham) and our last complete forward, Shearer - (heading, power, finishing, strength, speed, long range shooting)

Sent from the golf club...

Fixed those for you lads ;)

If I had to blame someone, it's the FA, closely followed by the press.

The FA need to do more to promote English youth and free coaching qualifications for people who are intelligent but may never have played the game at a high level. Analysis of football does not require you to have been Pele as a player - see Mourinho, Wenger, Ferguson plus many more.

The press love to sabotage England, I think they don't even want us to win as people would be too busy celebrating and not buying the @*!# they pedal. If we're not careful the scars of this tournament will haunt this group of players until they retire. Then the press will go about shattering the confidence of the next lot. Largely a bunch of wannabe footballers, who hate the people out there doing what they can't, because those kids spent their time banging a ball against a wall on their weak foot to improve, instead of studying.

All IMHO.