Passport Scandal

Jamesyy

I just don't get why they don't write to you way before it expires, like driving licence or TV licence. They could use these reminders to shape passport application and renewal traffic over the year, so they don't get inundated just before summer holidays. Also isn't it something like £60 for a regular application? So warning people up front would pull that money in sooner. :surrender:

would put the cost of passports up a fair whack tho

A monthly mail shot can't be that expensive? They could even use that new technology like email or texting...

it would have to be post as they cant agree to everyone having a phone or the new number the cant work on everyone having an email were as everyone has an address which then means more staff operating the system even if its only 4-5 the cost of the new system the cost of a couple million envelopes and paper with ink each year adds up

Stick an optional check box on the form, "Do you want a 6 month expiry reminder?" Charge is £1. They'd even make a few pence on that. They only need to send one once every 9.5 years :lol:

There was a piece about this on R2 Jeremy Vine show the other day.

Someone had contacted their local MP and they sorted it for them the next day.

Hope everything goes well for you and you receive your passports ASAP :thumbs:

Ps, just realised how terrible my grammar was in the last post haha! My brain has now switched off and is en-route to Menorca by the looks of things!

me too! when are you off and where abouts on the island are you

Ps, just realised how terrible my grammar was in the last post haha! My brain has now switched off and is en-route to Menorca by the looks of things!

me too! when are you off and where abouts on the island are you

Leave on Friday mate. Going to Cala'n Bosch for 2 weeks. Yourself?

I just don't get why they don't write to you way before it expires, like driving licence or TV licence. They could use these reminders to shape passport application and renewal traffic over the year, so they don't get inundated just before summer holidays. Also isn't it something like £60 for a regular application? So warning people up front would pull that money in sooner. :surrender:

would put the cost of passports up a fair whack tho

A monthly mail shot can't be that expensive? They could even use that new technology like email or texting...

it would have to be post as they cant agree to everyone having a phone or the new number the cant work on everyone having an email were as everyone has an address which then means more staff operating the system even if its only 4-5 the cost of the new system the cost of a couple million envelopes and paper with ink each year adds up

Could have a reminder service like they do with MOT's easy to forget when that is due too unless you get a reminder :)

Great news James :thumbs:

What a snivelling little weasel he is too.

Come on WhackyWill is ok in small doses ;)

bad man SMD!! Lol

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

I thought the ;) was not necessary, as long WW knows what a small dose is :surrender::lol:

Great news James :thumbs:

bad man SMD!! Lol

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

I thought the ;) was not necessary, as long WW knows what a small dose is :surrender::lol:

not a hope - but large doses at least is entertaining

Thanks SMD, its your fault I'm on the Forum..you recommended Builders 49s Zed to me. :thumbs:

Then you found out we support Arsenal and that was the end.. :lol: :lol:

Apparently they closed 6 overseas processing centres for passports last year and this is another reason why there's a backlog. Again, cost saving.

They closed down the Newport, South Wales office so people have to travel up to Liverpool now.

Pete

Thanks SMD, its your fault I'm on the Forum..you recommended Builders 49s Zed to me. :thumbs:

Then you found out we support Arsenal and that was the end.. :lol: :lol:

Got no problem with Arsenal supporters ;)

Sent from the golf club...