depreciation

leebottrill

The 240's, 260's, 280's are already often described as "classics" and I see no reason in due course why both the 350 and 370 will join them

And the 240 is a lot more desirable than the other two, maybe because it was the first?? So does that equate the 350 will be more desirable than the 370, not forgetting we have the 300zx in between, i am guessing that will have to be considered before the 350z!

But so many cars that have been awful cars have turned into classic cars! Like the Triumph Stag

Yes, a classic case of a car that became a classic :lol: . Shocking bodywork, an engine that was a disaster and a car with poor overall sales, stick a decent V8 in it though and the value will drop considerably.

Pete

Today I learnt the 350Z isn't a fast car.

Ltd to 155mph and a near as dam it 6 sec 0 - 60, lol, no not fast at all ;)

Spursmd playing devils advocate with 350's again, well there is something new :teeth:

Edited by Jetpilot

Spursmd playing devils advocate with 350's again, well there is something new :teeth:

Just trying to add the voice of reason :)

I would say 0-60 is about standard for a hot hatch these days, that was my point.

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 1

I would say 0-60 is about standard for a hot hatch these days, that was my point.

Thats true, but it's also as fast 0-60 as a Countach or Ferrari Testarossa ;)

Edited by KyleR

I wouldn't say a voice of reason. :lol: More like poke the bear and run. :stir::D

Imo the 350Z is a fast car but you are right there are some hot hatches today that would easily keep up or even over take, ...but they are fast cars too.

Back in 1964 Aston Martin made the DB5 ~ 0-60mph in 8.6 seconds and 142mph top end. In it's day a fast car but by today's standards most normal hatchbacks would beat it. Still a classic car though. ;)

Have you ever been over 155mph?

Have you ever been over 155mph?

Yep, in a plane and on a train :)

Excellent, so no car is fast as planes are faster!

Pop your string backs or leathers and helmet on, go do 150 + and then report back with actual experience not opinion based drivel!

Wtf are you on about :shrug:

So nobody can own a Zed or have an opinion about a Zed unless they have driven at 150mph+

That is drivel in the extreme!

Sent from the golf club...

Pop your string backs or leathers and helmet on, go do 150 + and then report back with actual experience not opinion based drivel!

So nobody can own a Zed or have an opinion about a Zed unless they have driven at 150mph+

As you well know, how can you comment on whether 150mph+ Is or Isnt fast when you havent even driven at those speeds.

Like I said, go try It and come back with and tell us whether you think its fast having actually done It ;)

As you well know, how can you comment on whether 150mph+ Is or Isnt fast when you havent even driven at those speeds.

Like I said, go try It and come back with and tell us whether you think its fast having actually done It ;)

Never said anything of the sort, we were talking 0-60 not top speed as 99% of people will never max out their car, me included.

Stop trying to pick fault in some facts & opinion from an ex Zed owner :p

Edited by spursmaddave

No, your talking 0 60 so as to cherry pick some info to try to justify your "factual based opinion", fortunately a cars performance isnt judged by one criteria, its a much bigger picture, perhaps one you could offer some experience on if you had tried it!

I literally have no idea why at every given opportunity you take pops at the 350, but of course, its balanced discussion, may I suggest getting out a bit more if your that bored you feel the need to give yourself a reason to post :)

• Like 1

I think if a car is to become a classic it needs to have loads of character , and IMO the 350 has that , time will tell ... I do think that the 370 will affect it thou

Also there isn't many NA engines if any being made now .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

350z have a big fan base so as good, clean original examples get rarer, values will firm up.

I think in 20 years anything in good condition with a na v6 or v8 will be a classic. New engines sound like hair dryers.

Edited by Kev

350z have a big fan base so as good, clean original examples get rarer, values will firm up.

I think in 20 years anything in good condition with a na v6 or v8 will be a classic. New engines sound like hair dryers.

:lol:

A lot of them do I'd agree, not all, but most. :D

The new M3 and M4 sound awful. I'm not a fan of these new twin/quad turbo engines.

Even f1 cars sound like @*!#.

At least Merc are sticking to their guns with the bigger AMG's and the new 911 gt3 sounds awesome. As does the f type V8.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next z car is a 180z with a 1.8 twin turbo. :)

Edited by Kev

No, your talking 0 60 so as to cherry pick some info to try to justify your "factual based opinion", fortunately a cars performance isnt judged by one criteria, its a much bigger picture, perhaps one you could offer some experience on if you had tried it!

I literally have no idea why at every given opportunity you take pops at the 350, but of course, its balanced discussion, may I suggest getting out a bit more if your that bored you feel the need to give yourself a reason to post :)

Firstly I think most peoples idea of 'fast' when it comes to cars is a 0-60, wrongly or rightly thats a fact, as I said 99.9% of people will never ever max out their car but most will put their foot down at the lights etc at least once! The Zed isn't a 0-60 beast, it is just too heavy.

Secondly I don't take pops at the Zed every chance, and I haven't on this thread, I gave my opinion which is the Zed won't become a classic car, and the npicked up on a couple of comments by other posters mentioning their reasons why it will...

This site (as most) sometimes needs bringing back down to earth as some people don't like to hear that their car of choice (Zed) isn't the best most wonderful traffic light slaying, knicker dropping, track munching car or all time :lol:

It is however a fecking beautiful, sweet as heaven driving car that I wish I still had the young bones to drive :cloud9:

• Like 1

people talking about hot hatch are faster than 350z im guessing your talking about golf R focus rs mk2, I cant think of a hot hatch in 2002 that was on the market when the 350 was released that could beat it, golf gti of the time were 7-8 seconds

stating a 2012 hot hatch is faster than 2002 350z is obvious Be like saying the 1990 200sx is slow because a 2000 leon cupra would beat it

will it be a classic to some yea in 2030 when japfest is full of cheap nismo jukes cheap r35 gtr and new IDX there will be a handful of 350z running and being smashed round the track with LS and nos like the 260z's? at japfest this year to some they will be clapped out ol datsun and other classics

and speaking from experience from a stand still a nsx doesnt pull on a 350z doesnt mean the nsx is a slow car does it

Edited by StevoD

people talking about hot hatch are faster than 350z im guessing your talking about golf R focus rs mk2, I cant think of a hot hatch in 2002 that was on the market when the 350 was released that could beat it, golf gti of the time were 7-8 seconds

stating a 2012 hot hatch is faster than 2002 350z is obvious Be like saying the 1990 200sx is slow because a 2000 leon cupra would beat it

will it be a classic to some yea in 2030 when japfest is full of cheap nismo jukes cheap r35 gtr and new IDX there will be a handful of 350z running and being smashed round the track with LS and nos like the 260z's? at japfest this year to some they will be clapped out ol datsun and other classics

and speaking from experience from a stand still a nsx doesnt pull on a 350z doesnt mean the nsx is a slow car does it

At last a bit of sense, yes the 350 was a fast car of it's time. The whole 0-60 hot hatch think came up because someone stated that the Zed would be a classic as people will always want fast cars, personally if you want to spend 10k or even 5k on a 'fast' car you have a lot of choice, the selling point of a Zed is the looks plain and simple :)

To me it is looking dated now, but that's a good thing ;)

In regards to what's "fast" is all a matter of opinion to a degree. I don't think you need to do a certain speed in order to ascertain what might be fast. I've driven up to 130 mph on a private road and that was fast for me. Perhaps for F1 drivers that's pedestrian. I think any car that has a 0 - 62 speed of 6 seconds can be considered a quick car, but again that's just my opinion. Compare the Glanza which is supposed to be a "6 second car" that's a 1.3 turbo and as light as a fart, the 350z as we all know has a considerably larger engine and weighs a lot more that a fart, perhaps a turd. Either way I think a standard Glanza would probably give a zed a good run for its money in a straight line and definitely round the bends. Maybe in that respect the Zed is not all that quick as you might expect more from a thumping 3.5 V6. They are both quick cars for very different reasons.

Edited by Rock_Steady