Craziest car you have owned/driven?

Peak 370

nothing even close to anything else in this thread... still got plenty of time though. Craziest drive so far was probably our track beemer round Bedford in the wet, has no grip at the rear, like trying to drive quickly round an ice rink. 50% hilarious, 50% sheer terror.

Ekona, you are right about light weight really counting. My current Caterham has 265 bhp and weighs 450 kgs. Sadly it has seen better days aesthetically, but the motor is sound and it is extremely quick, although 125 mph is it's effective top speed.

Jet set, I hope you like the taste of hats! I had a Vanden Plas 4 litre R, as the were known, back in 1987.

Very modest bhp and 3 speed auto, I I r c?

• Like 2

My old JDM Impreza was pretty rapid although nothing really that impressive compared to most of the above mentioned vehicles. Hoping my Zed will be a pretty impressive car one day though. ;)

Not a road car but I've driven a Formula Ford around Castle Combe which is probably the most fun I've had on four wheels. It was my first taste of RWD. :D

• Like 1

I'll eat my hat if anyone else on here has driven one of these. An Austin Princess Vanden Plas with a 4.0L Rolls Royce engine :lol: . O.K so I only drove it 5 miles because my ex father in law drunk but what an experience :).

Vanden-Plas_Princess_4-litre_R_front.jpg

Pete

I have, my old man had a Princess R, straight six Rolls engine and smooth. He also had a Coombes S Type, that was pretty mad in its day. The worst he had was a flock covered DB6, horrid to look at.

Jet set, I hope you like the taste of hats! I had a Vanden Plas 4 litre R, as the were known, back in 1987.

Very modest bhp and 3 speed auto, I I r c?

Well blow me down, didn't think any would have made it as far as 1987 :lol: . Don't recall the one I drove being an auto, if it was then goodness knows how I got it home :blush:.

Pete

I once drove a ford fiesta version of this:

496270421_ba56045917_z.jpg

with my brother, we also did a Volvo version of this:

doubledecker-web.jpg

and wheelies in a ford transit van, it was all part of a stunt driving day and it was mental fun, all the cars were scrappers so they weren't all prissy over them :lol:

Done the ferrari track experience at knock hill.... far from crazy, just a terrible car.

Suzukki Jimny has to be the craziest car, shared the car with my mum when I passed my test. Gave my mate a shot who though a hand brake turn would be cool in a car with the same centre of gravity as a mushroom....