My old crashed 350z on eBay!! DO NOT BID!!

Easty

As trade link said a Cat C recorded requires a VOSA check known as a VIC check basically "vehicle identity check" to establish that the presented vehicle is actually the original damaged recorded vehicle all they do is check the VIN numbers plates and tags etc and sign it off

saw this about an hour ago on one of may "buy another zed moments"

just read through this thread - would have loved to have seen that FB post

It wasn't really anything special. Just people having a pop at Bradders for no reason.
  • Like 1

Fair play, the guy shouldn't be getting all up tight about it though - its generally good manners to state whether a car is Cat C or not. Some people will have paid good money to HPI check it only to find it an obvious Cat C, the seller is messing people around and trying to get a dodgy sale by not disclosing it. Yes I know people can check it, but usually that is for a hidden past that even the seller might not know about, this guy clearly knows he is selling a car which is Cat C not disclosing it. Shifty as **** if you ask me and got what was coming to him.

• Like 5

Fair play, the guy shouldn't be getting all up tight about it though - its generally good manners to state whether a car is Cat C or not. Some people will have paid good money to HPI check it only to find it an obvious Cat C, the seller is messing people around and trying to get a dodgy sale by not disclosing it. Yes I know people can check it, but usually that is for a hidden past that even the seller might not know about, this guy clearly knows he is selling a car which is Cat C not disclosing it. Shifty as **** if you ask me and got what was coming to him.

Totally agree, he obviously knew it was a Cat C. So therefore deserves all the "grief" he gets.

Best he gets it now than when the buyer runs a check on it through :scare:

https://www.mycarcheck.com/?gclid=CjgKEAjwnfGbBRDlxoHrl6uikyESJAD-nzCF95na3TGR4ZatKn1YfwYoxzMjmyZDDY358v2coiufcfD_BwE

Fair play to the seller. Maybe he just didn't realise how badly damaged it was when he bought it with those panels completely wrecked and smashed to bits and then effected that total bodge job on it. Maybe he just didn't even notice, poor fella. Give the poor guy a break. He might just be totally stupid and can't help it. I don't think that he's an evil, selfish rotten sod who would be quite happy to take money from a poor innocent buyer - surely nobody would stoop so low, would they? C'mon guys.

• Like 1

Some people do haha i just bought my zed 5k put it up in the air not only did the clutch go i need new tyres amd brakes all round too!!!

To be fair, you went running to that car with cash in your hands and your pants around your ankles. I know you feel a little duped but checking brake discs and tyres is something you should really do yourself, the clutch even you admitted was fine until you drove it home (I don't know of a way to bodge a clutch together so that it lasts for a few miles to convince someone it's in working order?).

Not trying to be mean but I think you have to take responsibility for your one :p

• Like 2

Some people do haha i just bought my zed 5k put it up in the air not only did the clutch go i need new tyres amd brakes all round too!!!

I've just replaced pads and discs all round as well as tyres. Not cheap.

Bought 4 part worn potenzas from the classifieds on here to soften the blow.

• Like 2

TBF, if it went for £3.5k, you'd make a couple of grand if you broke it and sold it piece by piece.

I used to break up old mini`s and the problem is, it takes quite a while to strip the car down, catalogue everything, photograph and list on ebay. Then you`ll find some bits will fly off the shelf (engine, interior, wheels, brakes etc.) and others will take for ever to sell. Then you have endless visits to the local post office, after you have packaged bits up etc etc... ive still got no end of bits sitting around in my shed/garage which i`ll probably end up just chucking in the wheelie bin.