My old crashed 350z on eBay!! DO NOT BID!!

Easty

Just asked him a question...

Hi,

I'm looking for a project to repair, has the damage been declared to your insurer?

Ideally I'm after something which hasn't been declared a write off.

Thanks

He replied pretty quickly, said straight up it's a cat C, I don't really see a problem in all honesty, ok he should have mentioned it in the ad, but if you're seriously buying/bidding on a car you'd HPI it anyway surely?! Yeah it's also a bit odd saying you need to agree a price before a test drive, but it's better than some people saying no test drives at all.

I think he's only been saying that since everyone has been telling him too though.

He replied to me before you posted it on FB, it's a bit off, but if you ask about the damage, which when buying a damaged car I'd say you should, he'll tell you about it.

TBF, if it went for £3.5k, you'd make a couple of grand if you broke it and sold it piece by piece.

Quite tempted to do this, need some spares!

I think if your lucky you'd break even at 3.5k....Over a long time period.

TBF, if it went for £3.5k, you'd make a couple of grand if you broke it and sold it piece by piece.

I don't know, that £900 crapspeed exhaust is almost 1/3 of that.

• Like 3

Yeah but if you had something like a Zedshed and didnt mind. I reckon you'd get about £6k over a long period of time. Sell the engine and the brembos, seats and you'll not be far off breaking even.

Yeah but if you had something like a Zedshed and didnt mind. I reckon you'd get about £6k over a long period of time. Sell the engine and the brembos, seats and you'll not be far off breaking even.

Doesn't grundy need some brembos for his car?

Oh wait :p:starwars:

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Doesn't grundy need some brembos for his car?

Oh wait :p:starwars:

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Oh snap! You went there! :(
  • Like 1

Didnt the OP say the engine was shot?

Didnt the OP say the engine was shot?

Missed that, I retract previous comments, where's that edit button :lol:

To be fair if that was an 08 HR it would have been properly repaired and not declared as a Cat C. That's one of the problems with the Cat system as I see it , it demonizes older cars that have been repaired. Then there's the safety aspect, a Cat C will have to have a VOSA test, a newer car with similar damage won't, doesn't make sense to me :shrug: .

Pete