tyres for a fwd?

ddcboyle

Had vreds and supersport tyres for the zed and both seemed highly rated for the zed. Would this be the case for fwd car aswell?

Just picked up astra and need new tyres, are mich SS just an all round best, or is there other options that may be just as good for fwd?

Your not a massive corner king are you? Probably a bit over tyred for an Astra. Falkens/Kumho might save you some dough.

but mpss stop you crashing into ditches and maximum stopping distance saved so must haves

• Like 1

I dont take corners fast, bit of a granny driver. Only really push a car on a straight road, main thing im looking for is ones that are good in the rain. I was looking at falkens. Already know mpss are great tyres, just not sure if ill need them for a fwd 150bhp diesel lol. Half the car my zed was

• Like 1

Your not a massive corner king are you? Probably a bit over tyred for an Astra. Falkens/Kumho might save you some dough.

I had both Kumhos and Falkens on my Focus ST; the Falkens were decent enough, but the Kumhos were borderline dangerous in the wet, even at sensible speeds. Goodyear Eagle F1s were the best I found.

Makes no difference, good tyres are good tyres so go with the best you can afford :)

Dont necessarily agree TBH, have found stuff thats good on FWD (i.e. Parada 2) to be rather less good on RWD and vice versa (FK452), Ive also found that theres been less "you get what you pay for" but that could just be because they are cheaper in the first place.

Im running Michelin PE2's on my GTI-6 and for an all rounder they are awesome, they are also a sight less expensive than youd think. My brother has Eagle F1 on his St and I rate them as well :)

• Like 1

Tbh I wouldn't pay for MPSS on a fwd diesel mate.

I appreciate good tyres are important, but you don't need to spend that much IMO.

Fair enough if it's a powerful rwd car.

I have a 180 bhp 62 plate gtc as a daily driver. It drives like its on rails. I've had it from new and it's not lost traction once.