Grumpy z owners...!!!

Michelle

I occasionally see another zed (seen 2 so far) while driving, both occasions I waved and smiled barely able to contain my excitement ended up looking like a madman waving and laughing

I got a puzzled look and a thumbs up from a black 370 and a smile from a fellow silver .......perhaps they don't understand zediquette :lol:

I'll continue to wave and greet fellow zedders in the hope that one day it will be a member off here and they will be as excited as me (the waving laughing mad man) :) :)

Can I get on the map?... Cheers.. Ps I waved at a 14 plate 370 nismo the other day, in a manly way etc, blanked me!!...

I need to perfect this, in my excitement mine are normally more like this...

giphy.gif

• Like 4

I agree on the West Sussex area (that they seem a grumpy bunch). I held back to let a silver mod 350z out this morning in Wivelsfield Green and followed him for a bit.....I waved, thumbs up a few times....nothing. Being a female doing this to random guys, they must think I'm nuts!

I even said "Hi, love your Z" to a guy in petrol station and ended up pretending to cough as he gave me the look of "why are you taking to me"!! I think I'll give up for a bit

......I'll get a reputation instead if I'm not careful!!

I'm just down the road to where this was, I don't see many Zeds about but the ones that do often wave. I'll keep an eye out for you and I'll wave, beep, flash and wave a flag out the window for you :lol:

Edited by Jp606

I agree on the West Sussex area (that they seem a grumpy bunch). I held back to let a silver mod 350z out this morning in Wivelsfield Green and followed him for a bit.....I waved, thumbs up a few times....nothing. Being a female doing this to random guys, they must think I'm nuts!

I even said "Hi, love your Z" to a guy in petrol station and ended up pretending to cough as he gave me the look of "why are you taking to me"!! I think I'll give up for a bit

......I'll get a reputation instead if I'm not careful!!

Might think your looking for business ;)

Got to agree with the lack of enthusiasm in fellow owners I've come across.

My last car was a corrado VR6, and every corrado I passed there would be an exchange of waves!

There are literally loads of Z's round the camberley/guilford area, not a single wave in 8 months of ownership :(

I passed a gunmetal metal zed on the A5 on Friday before Wales, must have been a minute away from the Moreton. I thought it would be a safe bet I was going to get a wave but I got nothing and I didn't see it all weekend, it must just have been a local completely unaware of all the zeds nearby.

.....I was sat in traffic next to a sunset convertible while on my way home in my 370 the other day gave a smile and a wave no response...... Perhaps she didn't see me .... As luck would have it she turned off the same road as me and pulled in so I gave a little beep and slowed down as I passed, again I gave a smile and a wave.... The lady driving the 350 looked across at me, this is it I thought I'm gonna get a wave back.... The look of confusion and worry on her face was quite the picture so I just put my head down and drove off feeling rather embarrassed......she's definitely not a member of the lets acknowledge other zeds club :( grumpy z owners indeed :(

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

Thing is, we don't own super expensive or incredibly exotic cars so chances are that in addition to us friendly enthusiasts there is a large proportion of owners who don't feel quite as enthusiastic about being part of the 'club' as we do. Their loss.

Thing is, we don't own super expensive or incredibly exotic cars so chances are that in addition to us friendly enthusiasts there is a large proportion of owners who don't feel quite as enthusiastic about being part of the 'club' as we do. Their loss.

Agreed but on the few occasions I see another zed out there I won't be deterred and I shall continue to :wave: in the hopes one day my enthusiasm will be reciprocated...... Come on forum members and enthusiasts there has to be at least one time we'll pass each other and give a :thumbs: or a :wave: look out for me I'm the waving, smiling chap in the silver 370 ;)

I passed a gunmetal metal zed on the A5 on Friday before Wales, must have been a minute away from the Moreton. I thought it would be a safe bet I was going to get a wave but I got nothing and I didn't see it all weekend, it must just have been a local completely unaware of all the zeds nearby.

I also spotted a Zed right close to The Moreton just as we left on the Saturday morning run...reg V6 *** (I think). He waved alright though. I thought it must have been a late arrival but I was bringing up the rear on the last group out and never saw it again, I'm sure some others in my group must have spotted it too?

Pete

Agreed but on the few occasions I see another zed out there I won't be deterred and I shall continue to :wave: in the hopes one day my enthusiasm will be reciprocated...... Come on forum members and enthusiasts there has to be at least one time we'll pass each other and give a :thumbs: or a :wave: look out for me I'm the waving, smiling chap in the silver 370 ;)

I'm always up for a wave (so long as my slow brain remembers to make me do it) :)

I always wave to other zeds, sometimes even frantically flashing lights and hand out the window wave in excitement.

I also give a wee wave to the rare s-chassis and r-bodys I see on the road.

I noticed a very clean twilight blue HR filling up at my regular shell garage. As the lady drove off, she noticed me filling up my zed. I gave her a very nice smile and a nod of the head. She turned away and drove off. I then realised there are two types of zed owners :/