Just renewed road tax

chirag1988

October!

Thanks Bradders. How does that work as I need to renew mine in Sept ..Does that mean

I have to tax it for a month and then use the new system ?. :surrender:

No, you tax it for the year/6 months as usual. In October you can bin the disc from your window, then the next time after that, that it's due you just have more payment options. The system itself isn't changing.

• Like 2

Got my tax to buy this month as well. £156.75 for 6 months. :p:D

Can't wait for the new system to start though as my eBay special tax disc holder keeps falling off the window. :lol:

I can't wait for the discs to be abolished purely so that I no longer spend hours getting the disc exactly level in the holder, curse my OCD. :lol:

• Like 3

Got my tax to buy this month as well. £156.75 for 6 months. :p:D

Can't wait for the new system to start though as my eBay special tax disc holder keeps falling off the window. :lol:

I can't wait for the discs to be abolished purely so that I no longer spend hours getting the disc exactly level in the holder, curse my OCD. :lol:

I do the same thing. Pmsl. :lol:;)

I just ordered the 370z RIchbrook tax disc holder!!! What a twit!!.. Completely forgot about the changes to the tax disc.. :-(

:lol: . It's a real pain taking the tax disc holder apart, started off with 5 micro screws, now I'm down to 3 :) and it has to be wedged between the window and the dash now.

Pete

I just ordered the 370z RIchbrook tax disc holder!!! What a twit!!.. Completely forgot about the changes to the tax disc.. :-(

:lol: . It's a real pain taking the tax disc holder apart, started off with 5 micro screws, now I'm down to 3 :) and it has to be wedged between the window and the dash now.

Pete

That's funny Pete ~ I used to have a "Racing" anti-theft tax disc holder where you needed a blinking spanner to open it which was a major pain.

Funny thing is as well if someone did want to steal your tax disc then they'd have just taken the whole thing anyway. :wacko::lol:

Pete

Oh right, well I think it'll be going straight back for a refund!! Cheers.. 😎

• Like 1

I like tax discs :(

I shall miss the challenge of trying to tear the perforations perfectly, to make a perfect circle without cheating by using scissors. No lumps, no torn bits and no portions missing. Takes a while, but it is do-able.

Yes - I'm OCD too.

And what I don't understand is why you guys have got a demand for £500. Mine plopped through the letterbox today too - and it's for £485. Is it because I have a 370?

• Like 2

I like tax discs :(

I shall miss the challenge of trying to tear the perforations perfectly, to make a perfect circle without cheating by using scissors. No lumps, no torn bits and no portions missing. Takes a while, but it is do-able.

Yes - I'm OCD too.

And what I don't understand is why you guys have got a demand for £500. Mine plopped through the letterbox today too - and it's for £485. Is it because I have a 370?

Hi, mine was also £485, dealer paid this time though...