Reds

ATTAK Z

Pop up to Scampton and tell them that

Probably unnecessary.

Apparently they're all proper knobs.

You're only jealous . . . not being a Red Arrows pilot :p

It's only what I've heard, I cant deny they're pretty awesome at what they do and yes if I was earning £100k's and flying jets like that I'd probably be rather arrogant too tbh.

I have lots of respect for everyone in the forces, so please dont take this out of context.

I think the bottom one is burning oil :lol:

I presume that you know that the smoke is generated by the introduction of diesel into the jet exhaust ;)

Edited by ATTAK Z

I presume that you know that the smoke is generated by the introduction of diesel into the jet exhaust ;)

Absolutely no idea :)

Sorry if I came over as a bit of a teacher :blush: ... please allow me to rephrase

"well in fact it is burning oil and they all are - diesel oil iirc" ...

Absolutely no idea :)

Sorry if I came over as a bit of a teacher :blush: ... please allow me to rephrase

"well in fact it is burning oil and they all are - diesel oil iirc" ...

:lol: no worries, every day is a school day! If you're not learning new things, you're going backwards :)

Apparently they're all proper knobs.

they are all really good guys....... Scampton is one of the sites I look after and was fortunate enough to spend a VIP day with the guys up at Scampton. Honestly they were a great laugh, I took two of the girls from the office and the whole day was enjoyed by the 3 of us, and at the end of the day we were given some superb gifts, including photographs signed by the whole team (which was a one off).

Maybe someone caught them on an off-day........

There was nothing pretentious about any of them, they were just a bunch of guys having an awesome time.

I used to be the competition secretary at Welton Manor golf club where the arrows "reds and blues" are members, we used to arrange charity days and competitions where the pilots and ground staff competed as normal members. In my and the clubs opinion we found all of the red arrow members to be extremely modest and professional on and off duty. A point of interest is that to become a pilot within this elite group, all applicants have had to been active in front-line combat duties and . In this case that would have been in Iraq and Afghanistan all of whom would have flown fighter aircraft. That's why they are the cream and many hundreds apply and only the top 3 go through to become new replacement pilots. Nearly forgot, to understand the accuracy that they fly to in formation its not uncommon for them to concentrate on items like a nut or bolt on the next aircraft to them, this is to keep them in formation literally a few feet away, don't forget they fly up too 600mph. Slightly slower than my wife getting out of the car park at Tesco.

• Like 1