Beware before you wrap!!

shire350Z

I had my roof wrapped around 4 years ago and decided it was time for a change, so came to take the wrap off and it became a nightmare job!!!!

Maybe I left the wrap on to long, maybe it was just with it being a carbon wrap so broke up alot easier but its took a full day just on the roof! Started by trying to peel it off and had no chance so moved on to a heat gun nibbling away a little at a time and ended up with the only way by a light abrasive wheel!!

I'm sure it was just due to the time it's been left on but just something to think about if you've had your wrap on (especially carbon) a while

52D76138-E99D-4579-AE47-F1A31C656F3A.jpg

2D75701C-974B-4DA5-8298-371DF2695761.jpg

D5FA93DA-459C-4BBE-8728-9FC1CC6554F6.jpg

Edited by shire350Z
  • Like 2

Roof will want re-painting to be perfect but unfortunatly this won't be done before Wales as my guy in the Bodyshop goes away for two weeks tomorrow and is snowed under when he returns

Middle of June the Zed will be back in the Bodyshop to have the A pillars, boot lid, spoiler and read bumper re sprayed to complete the full re-spray :thumbs:

I removed whole wrap from my car in 1day. Did you heat it up the whole time during removing it? Heat for 5secs, peel fot 5secs and carry that on. If you did, may just be cheap vinyl?

That looks like a right nightmare haha

I removed whole wrap from my car in 1day. Did you heat it up the whole time during removing it? Heat for 5secs, peel fot 5secs and carry that on. If you did, may just be cheap vinyl?

Yeah just stuck like sh!t to a blanket, a normal wrap would probably pull away fine this broke on every angle

Yeah just stuck like sh!t to a blanket, a normal wrap would probably pull away fine this broke on every angle

maybe just because its carbon? Or garage used cheaper brand? no idea, but that just looks like it ruined your day :lol: best to just wrap things yourself, easy as pie and you know exactly whats going on :D You getting roof sprayed gloss black again?

Was years back now though and I did the gloss back then everyone started copying :lol: so went for a change but the black def looks better, so yeah just some heavy polishing before Wales then will get resprayed! Just wish I had another month before Wales!

I wrapped my roof with the hexes stuff, and as long as you use heat & a squeegee and have plenty of patience id say it wasn't too difficult to do. Just make sure you have a few pairs of hands and that it isn't windy :lol: