I need a Chrome Guru!

Flex

So I'm trying to click into a link on Companies House and I get this:

Certificate-based authentication failed

First time it's ever happened, cant diagnose the problem online and dont know what to do to resolve it. If anyone can help I'd happily buy them a beer!

I've cleared internet history and restarted Chrome and also shut down the machine with no resolve.

Sounds stupid but is your pc's date and time/timezone correct?

Yep.

Do they issue you a certificate to gain access to a secret squirrel area? It sounds like it's expired and you need to request a new one.

They could also have a fault after OpenSSL remediation ;)

I have no idea if they issue a certificate or if it's SSL related, I do know they dont have any other reported issues of this as I rang them.

Looks like F Secure might have been the issue, it didnt flag as a Anti Virus issue yesterday just the certificate problem, then this morning when I tried via a google search it said site had been reported as harmful and FS had blocked it, so I unblocked it.

Thanks all, especially Grundy for the PM's (and the pics ;))

Looks like F Secure might have been the issue, it didnt flag as a Anti Virus issue yesterday just the certificate problem, then this morning when I tried via a google search it said site had been reported as harmful and FS had blocked it, so I unblocked it.

Thanks all, especially Grundy for the PM's (and the pics ;))

Shhhh! :ninja:
  • Like 1