what is this? (strange badge inside)

-Bradders-

Just to settle the import/UK argument, I'm 100% certain it's an import. Stalks are the wrong way round for UK cars and since it's a Cat C, that'll be why it has a UKDM rear bumper and front plate.

So, IMO it's worth about £4.5k depending on mileage and current condition.

I'd personally say less than that IMO, the only thing holding it it's value is the colour and possibility of the ST.

I've seen perfectly fine Imports sell between £4-5k.

Just to settle the import/UK argument, I'm 100% certain it's an import. Stalks are the wrong way round for UK cars and since it's a Cat C, that'll be why it has a UKDM rear bumper and front plate.

So, IMO it's worth about £4.5k depending on mileage and current condition.

I'd personally say less than that IMO, the only thing holding it it's value is the colour and possibility of the ST.

I've seen perfectly fine Imports sell between £4-5k.

Just to tac on to this and only out of curiousity what would you value the same car at if it was Cat D Kyle?

Mileage is 65k to add to the convo/war that i have caused lol

That's what the dash says yes, but how many miles has it actually done? Cat C the engine could have blown and been fitted with a replacement engine from a scrappy with 200,000 miles on it. Do we know why it was written off at all?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

HAHA you need to re read your own post and how you wont accept anything any else says there's many people on this forum that disagree with me on most subjects

Ekona and 14N first two that come to mind but still seem to have a civilized conversation with them and im sure i can find post were they even said the points i made were good just there points are more valid to them, you just see to ignore them and slam down your opinion hammer with out even considering what anyone else says,

you constantly above seem to have avoid the fact that im right and said car that's been written off could not be body damaged yet the only thing you keep repeating that its possible its had severe accident, yet you have Zero Evidence, all i did was counter it saying i have as much evidence to say it hadn't even been in a collision,

all you could say was Cat C it had a server accident not once did your suggest to Bradders to find out A) if it been VIC'd or b )Why it was Cat C

Edited by StevoD

Also, I don't want to join the write off war but personally I wouldn't buy a write off. I'd expect the worse and always wonder if it was about to blow up on me, haha

yea thats fine your not stating something you dont know the facts of

Also, I don't want to join the write off war but personally I wouldn't buy a write off. I'd expect the worse and always wonder if it was about to blow up on me, haha

yea thats fine your not stating something you dont know the facts of

Yeah. For all we know acid rain from the Sahara could have deemed it a write off wrecking the paint and Nissan quoted £7000 to respray so it was written off.

Or it could have done a 360 down the M6 and smashed into 10 cars along the way.

I guess we will never know...

• Like 1

HAHA you need to re read your own post and how you wont accept anything any else says there's many people on this forum that disagree with me on most subjects

Ekona and 14N first two that come to mind but still seem to have a civilized conversation with them and im sure i can find post were they even said the points i made were good just there points are more valid to them, you just see to ignore them and slam down your opinion hammer with out even considering what anyone else says,

you constantly above seem to have avoid the fact that im right and said car that's been written off could not be body damaged yet the only thing you keep repeating that its possible its had severe accident, yet you have Zero Evidence, all i did was counter it saying i have as much evidence to say it hadn't even been in a collision,

all you could say was Cat C it had a server accident not once did your suggest to Bradders to find out A) if it been VIC'd or b )Why it was Cat C

Stevo, I don't know why but I sometimes feel like the red mist must descend over your eyes when you read my posts and whilst typing your reply.

Irregardless of the source of the damage I would say a car in 2009 that had a book value of over £8k must have taken a severe amount of damage. You can apply the word to severe to any part of the car you like, paint/interior/engine/anything.

And if you wish to live in a world where you assume the best then you are welcome to, your guess as to the damage is no better than my own. In fact I'd assert that assuming the car has suffered structual damage is a better way to look at it than assuming it hasn't.

All I can see is your butt hurt seething over from another thread where I was actually only have a bit of banter.

I'd actually like to put this petty arguing to one side and start again? Friends? :surrender: I've got nothing against you and I'd rather come on here to enjoy the community instead of having to argue semantics with you.

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1

I wouldn't worry too much about a CAT C. On my previous car (Celica) I lady hit my bumper at 5 MPH, this warped the bumper meaning a new one from Toyota, plus paint, plus labour, total cost of 1,300.

A small front-end crash would probably be enough to write one of these off of that kinda age. Id hazard a guess a new front bumper from Nissan would be 1,500, new set of lights, 1,300, washer jets 200 and so it goes on. You could be upto 4k in repaid in no time at all.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry too much about a CAT C. On my previous car (Celica) I lady hit my bumper at 5 MPH, this warped the bumper meaning a new one from Toyota, plus paint, plus labour, total cost of 1,300.

A small front-end crash would probably be enough to write one of these off of that kinda age. Id hazard a guess a new front bumper from Nissan would be 1,500, new set of lights, 1,300, washer jets 200 and so it goes on. You could be upto 4k in repaid in no time at all.

It was written off in 2009 when the car was worth £8000 though mate. That would be an entire front and rear end! Haha

It was written off in 2009 when the car was worth £8000 though mate. That would be an entire front and rear end! Haha

Few Xenon Headlights up in there Nw wings bumper bonnet Slam panel Radiator Condenser could easy get up that way when you start adding paint prep, Recovery admin fees etc

Edited by StevoD

Few Xenon Headlights up in there Nw wings bumper bonnet Slam panel Radiator Condenser could easy get up that way when you start adding paint prep, Recovery admin fees etc

I guess. But I'd still prefer a car that hadn't been written off.

If in one of the example given and ive witnessed personally working at a main dealer in Cambridge were paint stripper was used and every panel keyed by someone's jealous Ex i would have a Cat C car if all it needed was a respray

6 year old car with a fresh new paint job to Industry approved body shop standards for a grand or so less than market value one, like i said comes down to getting the real facts of whats happened

Edited by StevoD

i would have a Cat C car if all it needed was a respray

6 year old car with a fresh new paint job to Industry approved body shop standards for a grand or so less than market value one, like i said comes down to getting the real facts of whats happened

Unfortunately this is the whole problem with cat c & d, you can never find out what was damaged, unless your fortunate enough to find the owner who had the car at the time and documented the accident/damage etc and the subsequent repairs.

A Vic test does not much more than check the vehicles identity (its not a ringer) and that its roadworthy, it checks nothing to do with the quality of repairs! So imho, unless you can find out exactly why it was written off and the invoices to prove it was repaired properly i wouldnt buy one without that info.

If in one of the example given and ive witnessed personally working at a main dealer in Cambridge were paint stripper was used and every panel keyed by someone's jealous Ex i would have a Cat C car if all it needed was a respray

I'd be happy to buy the same but there are 2 issues.

1 - Making sure I got proof and evidence of what happened, Would probably only buy if I knew the guy.

2 - What's the chances of it happening again? I.e. if the car was damaged by an ex or someone who knew the car, would they do it again?

Lets face facts.... a stretch limo is a cut and shut.

Its all about the quality of the repair and then making an allowance for the fact its been listed.

Back on track...Is it an ST ? :rolleyes:

I think it's an STS (Smashed To Shite) :lol:

• Like 7

The thing is, being marked Cat C the car is immediately worth a lot less. It's just the marker on the car rather than the actual cause of the write off.

If the car has been repaired to an approved standard then why should it be worth any less than a paint job in your opinion? Surely a repair is a repair both done to exactly the same standard I don't see the difference? :)

When buying a Cat C car I think you need to keep in mind that the majority of the market is immediately put off by the prospect of owning one, regardless of the type of damage. So, although in your example you would be happy to pay around 15% less than market value for a Cat C car not many other people would which is why you often see massive discounts on Cat registered cars.

From my research people are looking for a discount of at least 30% before the conversation even gets into what type of damage the car received (Edit: for Cat C damaged cars).

So Bradders in my opinion I think top end money for this car would be about £4k. If you're happy to take a punt on it then just make sure you get an RAC/AA inspection or something similar just to ensure the car is in a servicable condition.

I'm just concerned that people on here might be convincing you it's worth more than what the market would value a Cat C import at.

Edited by mouthwash

The thing is, being marked Cat C the car is immediately worth a lot less. It's just the marker on the car rather than the actual cause of the write off.

If the car has been repaired to an approved standard then why should it be worth any less than a paint job in your opinion? Surely a repair is a repair both done to exactly the same standard I don't see the difference? :)

When buying a Cat C car I think you need to keep in mind that the majority of the market is immediately put off by the prospect of owning one, regardless of the type of damage. So, although in your example you would be happy to pay around 15% less than market value for a Cat C car not many other people would which is why you often see massive discounts on Cat registered cars.

From my research people are looking for a discount of at least 30% before the conversation even gets into what type of damage the car received.

So Bradders in my opinion I think top end money for this car would be about £4k. If you're happy to take a punt on it then just make sure you get an RAC/AA inspection or something similar just to ensure the car is in a servicable condition.

I'm just concerned that people on here might be convincing you it's worth more than what the market would value a Cat C import at.

Worth a lot more than that if it's an ST :teeth:

• Like 1