what is this? (strange badge inside)

-Bradders-

Tell him you know it's a CAT C and you will offer somewhere in the region of £3k for it? That's probably all it's worth.

That's also probably the reason why he's not trying to main stream sell it but offer it about here and there to unsuspecting people not because he wants to keep it, it's just a lemon as I think I called earlier. :p

Other thing is, he wasn't straight up about the CAT C so what else has he lied about / not told you.

Give the reg number out now so people know which one to avoid?

I feel like me and you Mr Cage should be best friends just for your avatar.

Tell him you know it's a CAT C and you will offer somewhere in the region of £3k for it? That's probably all it's worth.

That's also probably the reason why he's not trying to main stream sell it but offer it about here and there to unsuspecting people not because he wants to keep it, it's just a lemon as I think I called earlier. :p

Other thing is, he wasn't straight up about the CAT C so what else has he lied about / not told you.

Curious why you think a Cat C car which has been repaired and passed a VIC (assuming it has ) is worth half the money ? if the asking price book money was 6k ok maybe a drop to 5 maybe even 4.5k but 3k?

Edited by StevoD

Curious why you think a Cat C car which has been repaired and passed a VIC (assuming it has ) is worth half the money ? if the asking price book money was 6k ok maybe a drop to 5 maybe even 4.5k but 3k?

It's not just me that views it in this light, why spend £5k on a car that's had an unknown - pretty severe accident (CAT C is pretty massive damage) when you could spend another £1k and have a car without the shady history.

I realise you can buy a car that hasn't been written off that's had a severe impact but that's why you should get a car checked over if you're not competent enough to do it yourself.

I feel like me and you Mr Cage should be best friends just for your avatar.

:D Got to love a bit of Mr Cage.

• Like 1

It's not just me that views it in this light, why spend £5k on a car that's had an unknown - pretty severe accident (CAT C is pretty massive damage) when you could spend another £1k and have a car without the shady history.

I realise you can buy a car that hasn't been written off that's had a severe impact but that's why you should get a car checked over if you're not competent enough to do it yourself.

Cat C and D are usually no economical repairs doesn't mean it been involved in a pile up at 100mph, If its been VIC inspected by vosa and was cat c or cat d and can prove its been repaired by a reputable bodyshop i cant see the issue in it being put for 70-75% of its market value

Cat C could be it had paint stripper poured over it?

Cat C could be water damage to the interior?

Cat C could be it got the sump smashed and required another engine?

Cat C and D are usually no economical repairs doesn't mean it been involved in a pile up at 100mph, If its been VIC inspected by vosa and was cat c or cat d and can prove its been repaired by a reputable bodyshop i cant see the issue in it being put for 70-75% of its market value

Cat C could be it had paint stripper poured over it?

Cat C could be water damage to the interior?

Cat C could be it got the sump smashed and required another engine?

I never mentioned anything about 100 mph pile up but the car was written off in 2009 which means to be a Cat C (I should stop capitalising the whole word) the repair had to have been more than the cars value (which must have been around 9/10k?).

So yeah, I'd hazard a guess it's not had a pretty life and I suppose at the end of the day it's up to each individual on how they value a Cat C car. It wouldn't get more than £3500 of my money though which is probably around 60 - 70% of its value?

pretty severe accident isnt someone bumping you in the rear at 30mph at a set of traffic lights tho is it

pretty severe accident isnt someone bumping you in the rear at 30mph at a set of traffic lights tho is it

No it's not but I would say smashing your sump or having paint stripper thrown over the car is pretty severe, stop nit picking my words.

Edited by mouthwash

Here's the difference. :thumbs:

Vehicles that have to be dismantled.

* Cat A: Vehicle totally wrecked or burnt out.

* Cat B: Vehicle has heavy damage and to be broken only.

Vehicles that can be resold

* Cat C: Vehicles of this category are vehicles which the retail repair costs were over the cost of the pre accident value .They will need a VIC test carried out on them, this is done at the local DVLA testing station.

* Cat D: Vehicles of this category are vehicles which the retail repair costs were below the pre_accident value of the vehicle.

• Like 1

No it's not but I would say smashing your sump or having paint stripper thrown over the car is pretty severe, stop nit picking my words.

i never said it was severe im sayng a cat C isnt a bigger deal as your making it out to be,

if said car was 6k and cost of full respray came in at 7k because it had paint stripper poured on it it would be Cat c

if said car was 6k and it has the sump smahsed off and require engine to be removed new VQ from nissan to be supplied and fitted at a cost of around id guess 10-5k it would be cat C

if said cat was in flooded south this winter and market value was 6k and require a full strip out dry and full new interior supplied and fitted at 7-8k it would be cat C

Edited by StevoD

i never said it was severe im sayng a cat C isnt a bigger deal as your making it out to be,

if said car was 6k and cost of full respray came in at 7k because it had paint stripper poured on it it would be Cat c

if said car was 6k and it has the sump smahsed off and require engine to be removed new VQ from nissan to be supplied and fitted at a cost of around id guess 10-5k it would be cat C

if said cat was in flooded south this winter and market value was 6k and require a full strip out dry and full new interior supplied and fitted at 7-8k it would be cat C

Jesus, I know you didn't.

Forgetting the non sense above, look at the date the car was written off. Can anyone tell me what the value of an 03 azure blue 350z GT was in 2009? I've no idea if it's a GT or not but as the log book has ST scribbled in it I'll assume it is. You must be able to see where I'm going with this.

Anyway, take a look at this as another reference point:

Again with out detailed information on why its a cat C your seem to assuming or its coming across its been in a crash explain how a respray or a new interior or a new engine will change the characteristic of a car in a crash

id would estimate an 2003 import in 2009 would be the same value of a imported 2006-2007 now which on auto trader for a uk is £8000 so call it £7500 as an import i think would be a fair value in 2009

Again with out detailed information on why its a cat C your seem to assuming or its coming across its been in a crash explain how a respray or a new interior or a new engine will change the characteristic of a car in a crash

id would estimate an 2003 import in 2009 would be the same value of a imported 2006-2007 now which on auto trader for a uk is £8000 so call it £7500 as an import i think would be a fair value in 2009

Eh, has it been confirmed as an import?

So, what you're saying is that it's best to believe it's just had a smashed sump/paint stripper or a new interior and been written off as a result? Huh? I would think it's best to assume that a Cat C car has been involved in an accident in my mind.

Is there even a way you can find out what sort of damage this car has had? Is there a record, maybe Nissan has something?

Either way there are figures floating around the internet of anywhere between 50 and 70% of market value. So to answer your original point before we went down this stupid road of pedanticism, Yeah I think anything around £3-3500 for a Cat C 2003 350z (import/not?) worth originally around £5500 give or take is a fair offer. You okay with that?

• Like 1

So, what you're saying is that it's best to believe it's just had a smashed sump/paint stripper or a new interior and been written off as a result? Huh? I would think it's best to assume that a Cat C car has been involved in an accident in my mind.

Is there even a way you can find out what sort of damage this car has had? Is there a record, maybe Nissan has something?

Either way there are figures floating around the internet of anywhere between 50 and 70% of market value. So to answer your original point before we went down this stupid road of pedanticism, Yeah I think anything around £3-3500 for a Cat C 2003 350z (import/not?) worth originally around £5500 give or take is a fair offer. You okay with that?

o get you mr Big man yes i am ok with that

but i think you need to get all facts before you start scare mongering people

o you must have MPSS or your going crash, you cant have a Cat C car because your more likely crash you make me laugh do you even leave your house or does the sun light scare ya?

If writen off cars cars are that bad why did discovery commission a whole series with Mike Brewer ( yes i no im not his biggest fan) buying cat c and cat d cars and putting them back on the road?

o get you mr Big man yes i am ok with that

but i think you need to get all facts before you start scare mongering people

o you must have MPSS or your going crash, you cant have a Cat C car because your more likely crash you make me laugh do you even leave your house or does the sun light scare ya?

If writen off cars cars are that bad why did discovery commission a whole series with Mike Brewer ( yes i no im not his biggest fan) buying cat c and cat d cars and putting them back on the road?

Haha, definitely not because it pulls in viewers. What sort of question is that? Put your thinking cap on before you start putting those fingers of yours against the keyboard.

Are you a bit upset Stevo? It certainly seems like it, if I have upset you by having an adult conversation and a differing opinion then I am sorry.

best tell tradelink he better scrap it

http://www.350z-uk.c...d-view-sat-nav/

Your comedy is almost as bad as your ability to discuss without throwing your toys outta the pram. :lol:

Edited by mouthwash

Just to settle the import/UK argument, I'm 100% certain it's an import. Stalks are the wrong way round for UK cars and since it's a Cat C, that'll be why it has a UKDM rear bumper and front plate.

So, IMO it's worth about £4.5k depending on mileage and current condition.