Jumping350 Build - Reborn 17/4/2018

jumping350

either way its massive! it looks really small everywhere else ive looked at it, so may have to use Chris B's location and run the hoses either way from the centre, by the way thanks Chris B for the infor on hose sizes etc

at least its baffled :lol:

Oh well, at least it won't need emptying as often. ;)

Can't wait to see it all getting fitted. :thumbs:

Onto the tuning bits now

Uprev License and cable - the cable allows for very basic tuning and monitoring/testing, also an Uprev GT MAF

IMG_0639_zpsa9900ff2.jpg

An innovate wideband gauge and O2 sensor for Air/Fuel ratio monitoring

IMG_0640_zps703ead89.jpg

ECU Datascan for engine codes/monitoring of other sensors and real time data logging

maxresdefault_zps7d23def2.jpg

Think im going to need an OBD Splitter to connect all of this up along with my throttle controller

amazing pete what you doing tommorow? im heading to piritek in mitcham to look for some AN fittings/braided hose but can stop by if your around?

Yes give me a ring as I definately have some to hand.

I may have enough hose to fit as well

Not to early though.

Piritek are very expensive.

So decided to go through everything today and make sure all is there and ive covered most bases, if your thinking of Supercharging your zed below is whats involved :lol::wacko:

IMG_0654_zpsc90dcd51.jpg

IMG_0657_zps93307fbe.jpg

IMG_0656_zps5a96f23b.jpg

IMG_0659_zps1eabdf4e.jpg

Few bits including injectors/plugs/Uprev GT maf/Uprev License/ECU datascan/one piece polished top pipe/wideband o2

IMG_0661_zps21caedd0.jpg

Sump/BOV/Sandwich plate/Oil Catch Can/FPR

IMG_0662_zps5f12def3.jpg

Vortech 'Fuel Loop' system and SS box, im not using it but heres a pic anyway :)

IMG_0660_zps529d9785.jpg

Box of some spare bits including pulleys/hoses and a pulley mod which helps squeeze the S/C belt

IMG_0664_zps9b347ceb.jpg

Just a few spare belts :lol:

IMG_0665_zps44ee0936.jpg

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 1

Hello Darryl, great load of parts mate and I noticed you've also got the one piece air intake pipe like me. Look's great when fitted. B)

I also noticed you have the Vortech MAF air intake pipe in your spare parts box so have let ChrisB know in case you're interested in selling it as I know he wanted one as a spare because he's going to drill his original & wanted a back up just in case. I sold mine so couldn't help him out.

Hope that's cool. :)

Going to be great when you finally get yours up & running too. :D

• 4 weeks later...

not updated for a while and falling behind everyone else :lol: however Father Christmas turned up early today and delivered the final piece of the puzzle.

The fuel return system - CJM Stage 0 which includes fuel bucket mod, output fitting kit for fuel rail, output to FPR hose, FPR, and return line to fuel bucket which I have to upgrade to AN6 as its to small. That and a couple of AN fittings are all thats needed for the complete FRS.

By the way AN fittings bloody add up :lol: If your going S/C make sure you buy the FRS first!! :wacko:

IMG_0669_zpsb5f9462a.jpg

Have also removed the front Veilside and crash bar to figure out how to mount the oil cooler, things are starting to happen now :thumbs:

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thought id share my mod...might inspire someone to do it properly :lol:

Spent a fair bit of dollar on the zed over the last 12-14 months and literally driven it 80 miles!! Mainly because I knew how much the Supercharger would cost and also since ive had my new front end resprayed ive not been happy.

Immediately out of paint shop go to fill up at petrol station go into entrance (slight incline) and crunch :dry::rant: new paint job literally lasted 6 minutes

Luckily it was just the underneath of the bumper but the Veilside has a weird 3 step process going to the underneath of the car so seems to get lower the more you cant see!

I have about 2 inches ground clearance at its lowest point and im not even lowered!

(you can kind of see in pic how low it sits)

20140806_170531_zps68e93992.jpg

Anyway over the 80 miles ive bottomed out about 9 times taking chunks of the underneath away on various roads and seems depending where I end up I have to crawl about - Not good with a S/C on the way.

Current state of underneath after 80 miles - Basically gouged to hell :lol: it only seems to happen in two areas either side

20141212_133931_zps64cf454b.jpg

No where seemed to sell skid plates (not for a car anyway) or any that fitted my needs.....so as always with my elaborate plans...I bodged it :lol:

Taped off the offending area and made a rough template

20141216_134005_zps92ba6a24.jpg

drew template onto some 1mm sheet aluminium and prepared for tin snip agony

20141212_130046_zps66ff2706.jpg

messed up my hands after much cutting and filing and hammering in a vice like Gepetto! to end with to rough templates with a slightly curved edge to wrap round front of bumper, not catch on anything and basically bent the mental in shape of that section

20141217_181526_zps7df2f6d5.jpg

Now im no king fabricator so knew it would never come out perfect so got it to the best shape I could before I put it on, if I was to do it again I would spend more time on it to make sure it was better cut and even etc but my hands are like claws at the moment so im not doing it again :lol:

Here's one of the sides I did but basically it will serve its purpose and protect the underneath and most of all is safe! No more gouges and any scrapes now I don't care :yahoo: may even gets some sparks off it B)

20141217_225001_zpscfb99763.jpg

Most importantly (in my opinion anyway) is the underneath is now protected and when the bumper is on and sits right as it would on the car you would never know its there, feel like ive protected my investment a bit now :)

20141217_232458_zpsb16d2c1c.jpg

Surrey roads ..Bring It On :boxing:

Now i get ready to spray the bottom section of bumper black

Edited by jumping350