Jumping350 Build - Reborn 17/4/2018

jumping350

had my compression test done as well and the first 4 were at 180 but the back two were on 170, not sure if its meant to be like that? would that be ok to proceed to the S/C build?

Below is results for each cylinder

(back of engine bay)

170 170

180 180 (Oil in spark plug hole)

180 180

(Front of car)

Edited by jumping350

:lol: im just trying to get to page 5 ...bit by bit :lol: Thanks Stu, I only have half the skills, did most of it then had the sprayer finish the rest as I got angry with it!

Stick a link to the build in your signature. Might just be me but I tend to click on them there, rather than browse the builds sub-forum. Keep going mate, one day you'll get to page 6 like me!!!! ;)

had my compression test done as well and the first 4 were at 200 but the back two were on 190, not sure if its meant to be like that? would that be ok to proceed to the S/C build?

Best off asking Abbey Motorsport or Horsham Developments for their opinions on that I think. ;)

Cheers GMB enjoyed my drive today, bumped into clown off here also! new plugs in, weapon r tank in and general check over, however found the dreaded oil in one of spark plug holes so new rocker cover it is then!

Umm have you seen him after he went to the Cafe?

As no one else has!!!

had my compression test done as well and the first 4 were at 180 but the back two were on 170, not sure if its meant to be like that? would that be ok to proceed to the S/C build?

Below is results for each cylinder

(back of engine bay)

170 170

180 180 (Oil in spark plug hole)

180 180

(Front of car)

What did Chris say as he is the magic man?

Edited by 4RE Leather

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would share my joy with everyone another years m.o.t (number 5 to be exact) with no advisories and all good to go.

They actually spent more time trying to get her on the ramp without damaging the Veilside than they did doing the m.o.t :lol:

Usual crowd of customer and mechanics gathered which was funny and made me miss taking her out so often.

Most importantly good bill of health all round to get ready for the supercharger :thumbs:

May pop out later to get some sneaky pics

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Graham, im sorted for injectors and everything actually, unfortunately im missing the two most important/expensive things that dont come up for sale that often :thumbdown:

Best buying those parts new imo. Costs a chunk but there not the parts you should be cheap about buying. ;)

Edited by GMballistic

Just thought I would share my joy with everyone another years m.o.t (number 5 to be exact) with no advisories and all good to go.

They actually spent more time trying to get her on the ramp without damaging the Veilside than they did doing the m.o.t :lol:

Usual crowd of customer and mechanics gathered which was funny and made me miss taking her out so often.

Most importantly good bill of health all round to get ready for the supercharger :thumbs:

May pop out later to get some sneaky pics

Do it tomorrow and I will bring mine out to join you.

there is a hurricane pete im staying in!! :lol:

Anyway I have got this for a baffled oil catch can.

obp_zpsc72a4b66.jpg

the outlets coming out of it are at an angle but im hoping I can run two lines from it still without a problem.

Question is how long hoses do i need to get? and also am I able to get fittings like below pic but on the outlets I have? or AN fittings? outlets are 13mm so if anyone can point me to some links or length of hose needed would be great, is 13mm hosing ok for where ever the other end needs to go?

oil_zps04b832c7.jpg

here is where im thinking of putting it (but the other way around) any other site location suggestions welcome

gh_zps520cae8c.jpg

Edited by jumping350

never mind about hose length my friend just gave me 2 metres of 13mm braided hose with AN fittings on it for nothing :scare: thats that bit sorted then :lol:

Still stuck on fitments on ends of catch can outlets and also if 13mm is fine for where it goes into on engine etc and would i need different connectors for that end to?

• 2 weeks later...

So after being inspired and compelled to update my thread seeing as Gareths (GMballistic) one is so epic. I actually went and picked up my supercharger (well it has been like 3 months :lol: ) there is a lot of things involved with this S/C stuff and the box of bits goes to prove it!

Im not as far ahead as G so I will break down what I have and how im going to do things and of course where I'm stuck will be asking for help, also im sure ive got things wrong so await for that to be pointed out to :lol:

But may prove useful to someone who wants to do this or if anyone is interested in what you need to get, il do it bit by bit with a group photo at the end :D

First up and most importantly:

Oil considerations:

start off with the basics: oil and good filter , i only have 5 litres but will have a higher oil capacity after everything (more will be revealed)

IMG_0629_zps8fc0a89e.jpg

Next up we have an Oil temp gauge/sensor - to monitor the all important temps (this is being wired into my door vent)

IMG_0628_zps9a2e133e.jpg

Then I got a sandwich plate (I actually have one spare now) but this is to run the oil return lines from oil cooler and house the temp sensor for Oil Gauge

IMG_0630_zpsde5da4cf.jpg

Some people can get sump spacers but i opted for a whole sump :lol: so its baffled (to keep oil near the pick up under high acceleration/braking) and also has oil return outlets on it so when its time to install I have a choice on how I run the return lines (I also read its apparently better to run the lines back to the top of sump for heat or something?) although I dont know what adapter I need on the two outlets on the sump or what size, anyone know the name???

as ts a bigger sump it will hold more oil and help keep a constant temp - should put me around 5.5-5.7 litres

IMG_0627_zpsee009579.jpg

some finnage :lol:

IMG_0626_zpsadcd20b7.jpg

Lastly and the most important bit, a thermostatically controlled oil cooler - these have braided lines running off them going to a sandwich plate

IMG_0623_zpsb2d24682.jpg

I have a Veilside V3 front bumper and at the front there are two holes on each side (I think for fog lights or something) anyhow oil cooler can hopefully be positioned behind the holes for direct air feed, this means I dont have to position the oil cooler in front of the intercooler (potentially blocking it) for direct air.

feed. I would then mesh the holes from the inside to stop squirrels being sucked in.

so thats the holes on one side covered but what about the other side?

(wave of magic wand) shazzamm - twin oil coolers :teeth:

IMG_0624_zpsb90d19c6.jpg

I will probably need longer braided line between oil coolers (to go across front of car) and a longer braided hose from passenger side oil cooler back to sandwich plate/sump.

After both of these go on im prob looking at near 7 litres of oil :wacko: at least it will be cold though :lol:

That concludes my oil setup for now...next up AIRY things.......stay tuned

• Like 1

I will be tracking it a fair bit, however I got it in the deal so still deciding on whether to go twin or single, few threads with not many conclusions on the matter!

haha you can talk how long did we have to wait to see even a braided line or something :lol: it will follow shortly when I figure out what everything else is in the box

Edited by jumping350

Did you get a V2 or V3 SCi kit then?

It's so great when it all comes together, ...I had my charger since July this year so it was fantastic to finally get that fitted. Other parts I'd been collecting since probably January. All good things come to those who wait. ;)

Nice to see that you are beginning to organise/get started with the build! can't wait to see it all done nice to see a fair few SC Zeds on here now. Plan to start collecting bits next year once my visual mods are done.... We can compare builds!

Keep the updates coming!

P.s bumper is all flatted down and got hold of a corrosion free bonnet which is half prepped on the way to mint paintwork :)

Edited by Elliot350

I got a V2 have been looking at SCi trim for it but for now will be just V2. I like the fact the S/C is engine cooled as well.

Know exactly what you mean Gareth, im just one part away now literally plus any little connectors/adapers ....ive been collecting things for ages :lol:

Good work Elliot glad to see your not hanging about with mods will be nice to see the bumper revamped, good find on the bonnet you got Steves right?? hes a good chap old Steve :)

Start collecting now buddy you will be suprised how the list just grows and grows have a look at the S/C guys on here and decide what bits you need then just work towards it

Edited by jumping350

....im just one part away now literally plus any little connectors/adapers...

Famous last words. :surrender::lol:

I thought that, ...then I saw Ian's Defi gauges for sale on here which I bought, ...then I needed pod holders for them, ...then I decided to get De-Cats as didn't want to damage my HFC's like another member with a supercharged car had that I saw, ...then I needed cam covers as had oil in the plugs. Then finally when I got the car back there are yet more things to do. :scare:

It never ends mate, the sooner you except that the better you'll feel. :teeth:

ok so last bit thats needed for the oil section the catch can! now in the picture on website it doesn't look that big it turned up and well have a look.......

WP_20141107_001_zpscda2d09e.jpg

:lol: its humongous(sorry, ketchup is all I could find to show reference of how big it is!) pics can be deceiving

Anyway got to figure out where to put it now and also work out all the fittings tommorow for what I will need

more to come........................

Edited by jumping350