Jumping350 Build - Reborn 17/4/2018

jumping350

• 2 weeks later...

So here it is, wrapped in some Michelin (Ekona will like that one :lol: )

Turned out I put too much lacquer on it and dulled it too much, but close enough match :lol:

Now gotta match front left to rear left and front right to rear right now :wacko: or lacquer the shinier wheel

Didn't realise how wide the tyres were :teeth:

IMG_0903_zps2e1109d9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

only small update as prep is still occurring for the supercharger install.

Thanks to Bennett for sorting the fitting on the sump for the oil return and also the oil temp sensor

V__F001_zpscy6hgebi.jpg

Some more goodies should turn up next week :teeth: and they aren't even supercharger related :wacko: I stopped looking at the bill tally in February :scare:

Im one order away from Adrian and that's it and I mean that's it ive considered absolutely everything and changed my mind a few times and waited to get better parts, which is why its taken so long.

Also im fitting my kitchen and moving garages simultaneously so timing is awesome as usual :lol:

It will be starting soon though and cant wait :yahoo:

• Like 1

Some big items arrived this week :)

It suddenly dawned on me that trying to stop a supercharged Z on jdm brakes was a no no :teeth: Time to upgrade

So some rears...and weirdly found some brembo DBA rear discs in the garage even though I only bought brembos the other week :lol:

WP_000065_zpsdckbc5oy.jpg

and the fronts although im missing one as its being painted at some point as Wasso went crazy with his polishing gizmos, also some monsterous 2 piece front rotors and a set of EBC pads and all the pins/plates/clips courtesy of Zmanalex

WP_000066_zpsrj7klsjt.jpg

So I believe im on my original clutch at 62,000 its still going strong but believe the Vortech will kill it off so it might be overkill based on some reading but...

Driftworks lightweight flywheel and ACT 6 paddle sprung clutch

WP_000067_zps6z0nrn0a.jpg

Fitting will commence soon, that should take care of stopping and clutch for a while

• Like 1

I know what you mean mate, this setup came up so had to jump on it even though im going broke quick :lol:

I thought you already had lightweight flywheel etc

I read its going to be harsh but hopefully that will ease up, i think because its 6 paddle it grips harder or something.

Least it will cope though once i get going

Edited by jumping350

I know what you mean mate, this setup came up so had to jump on it even though im going broke quick :lol:

I thought you already had lightweight flywheel etc

I know ChrisB did his clutch/flywheel but I never did (maybe you're thinking of his build ;) ).

When I did my build I really couldn't afford to go that bit further and do the clutch/flywheel so had to risk it. Still putting the power down nicely though although no clutch lasts forever so it's inevitable I'll have to change it at some point. :dry:;)

maybe it was him! My build has dragged on so long im getting to the point where I thought sod it get it all now and fitted so it comes out epic and spend the next 2 years earning it back :wacko:

I went and started mine the other day as its been off road for a while and my release bearing sounded like chewbacca :lol:

Edited by jumping350

maybe it was him! My build has dragged on so long im getting to the point where I thought sod it get it all now and fitted so it comes out epic and spend the next 2 years earning it back :wacko:

I went and started mine the other day as its been off road for a while and my release bearing sounded like chewbacca :lol:

Makes sense to get it all done if you can, ...I just set myself the goal of getting the car done by a certain date so was kind of forcing myself to get everything I could get done within a certain timescale.

You should record your car starting up next time and put it on Youtube, ...that's a million hit video if you can get it to sound like Chewbacca. :lol:

This guys trying...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHd18VTg7_4

:teeth:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Cal yeah its much better I think, I haven't got any badges or stickers left now :lol:

Diffuser was a pain but turned out just as I wanted and I just plastidipped the bottom half to see how it would look and think will go for a permanent gloss black over it now. I also forgot to put the exhaust spacer back in...found it in my tool box :wacko: which is why exhaust tips are slightly receded into holes

been toying around with getting in car cameras or a go pro for a while mainly as many incidents happen on roads and for some track day fun. Havent been able to justify spending the money on one go pro so this bargain came up on ebay and now I have four no go pro ones :lol: at least I will have every angle covered now, just got to figure out the big box of mounts and accessories :wacko:

WP_000102_zpspwnwsoyn.jpg

:lol: I know ive got a few! initially I wanted front and rear but 2 x go pro is a lot of dollar.to shell out, so happy with what I got.

I should have front/rear/outside views now an one can go in the scooby.

I think 3 out of the 4 are 1080hd...im going to be a youtube warrior now....from multiple angles :lol: