Jumping350 Build - Reborn 17/4/2018

jumping350

Don't think your plate will cause problems for the intercooler per se but it would be beneficial to make it as small as you can legally for good air flow past it.

Maybe even use a vinyl front stick on plate if you could stand the way it looks for maximum non interference. ;)

Great little mod to help save that bumper from more scrapes, ...will definitely make sparks though I'm sure next time it grounds out at speed. :surrender::lol:B):D

• Like 1

I was hoping my plate wouldn't and didn't want to resize it but you maybe right there, I thought vinyl plates are illegal?

I like sparks :teeth:

Glad I did it really as I didn't want to take it out for fear of taking another massive scrape to the bottom, at least now I can just slide along and not worry to much anymore

I was hoping my plate wouldn't and didn't want to resize it but you maybe right there, I thought vinyl plates are illegal?

I like sparks :teeth:

Glad I did it really as I didn't want to take it out for fear of taking another massive scrape to the bottom, at least now I can just slide along and not worry to much anymore

I think they are legal just as long as they are;

• Reflective
  • Have legal size lettering & spacing
  • Have the correct markings where they were made etc.

Link: http://www.ebay.co.u...P-/150507627449

Best to double check before you do that just to be sure but I'm pretty certain they are legit. :thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic

While the Veilside is off I decided I will spray the front lip section mainly to tie in with my two tone theme and the other to hopefully protect the front from more damage and stone chips (which I have avoided up to this point)

Will most likely plastidip it and then put glossifier over the top to make it shiny - this should bounce off some of those stones

On to taping, have a real appreciation for body work people now and taping off sections especially with odd lines and curves, got the fog lights the best I could, after an hour doing both sides I had to just leave it as it is before I went mad! Hopefully will be ok when I peel it off

20141221_204801_zpsa0bf7975.jpg

20141221_204541_zps68c45e4b.jpg

As always Project Coordinator Bandit was on hand to oversee the work and lend a paw

WP_20141221_004_zps82f95233.jpg

Quickly got bored

WP_20141221_002_zps75eb02b6.jpg

Had a yawn

WP_20141221_003_zps21be15ee.jpg

and retreated back to base :lol:

20141221_212841_zps2a227b0f.jpg

Anyway much taping and newspaper later and prepped and ready for spraying (maybe tommorow) although the mrs has been moaning at me all day....something about Christmas shopping :shrug::lol:

WP_20141221_005_zpsba5bac57.jpg

• Like 2

:lol:

Always good to have a handy cat (or two) on hand to supervise. I have a front bumper skin in my lounge too (V2 replica behind a sofa), much to the wife's annoyance.

Your Veilside all prepped up and ready to go - I suggest you don't try spraying paint in the house/lounge though - that really pi$$es them off :scare: (I tried that with my plenum when she was out :doh: )

:lol:

He spent the whole time asleep under the bumper didnt move until I had to do the other side of the bumper :lol:

Yeah storing these things inside dont go down well, especially at Christmas with trees,presents and family in and out!

if I don't want 2 broken legs over the holidays I wont be spraying inside! Ive already been banished to the garage to do it, sprayed once before indoors and there's still overspray on the door :scare:

• Like 1

Spent the day spraying and it didnt come out too bad some places will have to be retaped and sprayed over but generally came out not to bad, at the last minute I taped off the fangs in the centre of the bumper (brave move) but think it came out ok - most of it will be hidden by the plate anyway :lol:

Will have to retape spray and then glossify the lot.

Happy with the fog lights though :)

IMG_0745_zpsa85abe9d.jpg

c9409241-047c-4e09-b29c-0b9885c89b4c_zpsd73be8bd.jpg

IMG_0744_zps6eeaf6ea.jpg

IMG_0747_zpsa7c8dc0e.jpg

IMG_0752_zpsf038576f.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a garage mod ! After 16 years of professional/semi professional sport my knees and joints have had it as I enter my 30's!!

Jacking the car up is getting tedious, im ok with lying on floor etc but the whole process of jacking up twice (due to being low) and axle stands is becoming a chore and a strain on my joints and having a few near misses in my car history getting more concerned with safety.

I have a garage and due to the width jacking the car up in there is twice as akward and cost me to lower the car last year onto a scissor jack and pierce my side skirt :headhurt: I can only jack one side of the car up as have to park pretty close to the wall the other side to give enough room

So far I can work on the car inside but not jack it up or jack it up but be outside...fantastic :wacko:

So started looking for 4 point scissor jacks, 2 posts, hydraulic etc but all had there flaws and with the price you have to pay in the end just isnt worth it for home d.i.y

Next thought was ramps, I was going to maybe make some out of wood or old loading ramps, I dont plan on moving for years now so didnt mind something a bit permanent.

They needed to be long to cover the Z and scoobys wheel base of around 8ft 9 inches. 9ft would be cutting it fine and there was hardly anything 10ft plus to get, also they had to be wide with a 275 rear to accommodate on both sides.

Pretty big ask for cheap money unless you build it out of wood and then that relies on my craftsmanship :lol:

But many hours of trawling the internet over the holidays when I was ill I found some perfect ones for my idea which literally look like they have been made for the job.

11ft long 16 inches wide and already has an incline so spot on for the zed...and solid as hell!!

ramps_zps3c799979.jpg

ramps1_zps952f87a3.jpg

Short Term Plan is to have them in the garage for now and can drive the zed/scooby up on them straight away (may need another ramp made due to incline for the zed) but essentially can go in forwards or backwards and the car is high enough already to jack straight up with trolley jack (and also be parked on it normally) I will also have a bit more storage underneath the car now as well, as both ends of the car should be high enough off the floor when driven on them

Long Term Plan is to weld a frame connecting both ramps together (bar at each end) in the middle of that bar will be a jacking point so would be able to drive car onto ramp and then jack the whole ramp up to get the whole car and ramp higher off the floor (then supported by high axle stands on each corner and down the middle) and maybe a winch bolted to the floor at the back of the garage to help whatever vehicle up if it needs it,

Long and short I can hopefully now work under/on the car indoors now without too much hassle :teeth: ive got room either side with both ends already up in the air as can now park more central and also have just under 2 ft either end with the door closed (if I have measured properly)

Hopefully a good long term investment

Stay tuned for the install and a zed test :wacko: .......

hey Darryl,

so THIS is your car ?!

i came across it by chance and thought ''hey thats my spoiler!''

the effort put into this is unreal. looks absolutely mint. I'm really upset now that when i met you, you was in the ''runaround'' car :lol:

hope to see it at a meet this year :)

Keep going. looks Ace.

ha ha yeah this is my car, im waiting to see the spoiler on your car sorry to hear you had a few problems with the fitment of some bits but it never really is plain sailing with bodykits!

Yeah the run around see's more action than the zed these days but it will be reborn this year and will definitely get out to some meets in it, had it in the garage since it got sprayed end of 2013...i think the paints cured now :lol:

Thanks for the comments :)

The mrs is away for two days so took delivery of this

IMG_0755_zpsc5223412.jpg

(even she knows a wheel has nothing to do with a supercharger build :lol: although will see if she clocks on that 4 Rota GTRs have now become 6 :wacko: )

New dilema now is its flat black with a red lip and is such a good finish but the other 3 are gloss black with no lip!

So do i match the other 3 to it or match it to the other 3 :headhurt:

IMG_0756_zps24e4a2f2.jpg

The other one which is butchered :lol: this needs refurb anyway so wondering if I just do it the same as the new one for now

IMG_0754_zpsb8161e1f.jpg

Main thing is I now have 2 19inch rears and 2 18inch front Rota GTRs for concave all round B)

• 3 weeks later...

not much of an updated been trying to match my other Rota to the new one (will see how that goes, only the lip to paint now :wacko: ) il post some pics up soon and also my replacement FPR turned up Aeromotive B)

IMG_0861_zps6c08d8b9.jpg

Ive got 1 AN fitting that fits (they sent me the wrong one for the other one resending the right one this week) so im 50% better than last time :)

• Like 1

Few more bits turned up for build. Fuel Return Line and some one step colder plugs

WP_000016_zps852a9d37.jpg

Onto Wheel refurb, as you can see from the amount of filler I had to use I dont think there was much of the lip that wasnt scraped or deformed

WP_000007_zpsc0a8e223.jpg

WP_000008_zps69fde426.jpg

Hand to sand down many times and refill to build shape back

WP_000009_zpsc66fe661.jpg

Masked up and some primer to see how bad a filling and sanding job I done :lol:

WP_000010_zps7c95b3cf.jpg

Not perfect but not bad and a damn sight better than it was before

WP_000011_zps26da5acf.jpg

Lip has been resttored

WP_000012_zps3ecc4e8e.jpg

I decided I couldnt be bothered to make it perfect and go back to sanding and filling so I cracked on with the paint

Here it is, tommorow onto painting lip and hoping the matte lacquer will dull it down a bit

WP_000015_zpsd34a3679.jpg

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 1

So after a few dramas with colour matching I ended up with a can that I prayed was ok.

Here it is the finished product

IMG_0870_zps5ce0dfb3.jpg

pretty much spot on, looks like something I have done might actually turn out ok :lol:

Thank god my taping was up to scratch to get the line

IMG_0869_zps219f317d.jpg

and the final colour seems to be pretty much there, wouldn't notice it with one wheel on front and one on rear. I still have to matte lacquer it so that will dull the wheel I done right down and will take the shine off, should be near on matched to the new Rota.

IMG_0868_zps582425d4.jpg