Tyres

paulp4als

What are 370post-21170-0-41966300-1396550038_thumb.jpgZed owners preferances on make of tyers.

At the moment I have Bridgestone on the front & Falkan on the rear.

Which makes give the best grip to mileage I know there is a trade off between grip & mileage

Hey I have just put some mps2 on the front... and now looking for some budget rears anyone got any suggestions... Only reason is iv killed my pay for this month lol but need something on the rears as they are barely legal now.

False economy mate. Just bite the bullet and get MPSS2's for the rear as well (use your overdraft or credit card). ;)

Would hate to read a "crashed into a ditch" thread from you. :dry:

• Like 1

Fine tyres MPS2. I have 275/40/18 on 18x9.5" rotas on the back of mine. Very grippy.

Edit. Clearly beer and lateness is getting to me. This is a 370 thread and I didn't notice - I'm not worthy to comment - ignore :lol: :lol:

Edited by ChrisB
  • Like 1

Hey I have just put some mps2 on the front... and now looking for some budget rears anyone got any suggestions... Only reason is iv killed my pay for this month lol but need something on the rears as they are barely legal now.

False economy mate. Just bite the bullet and get MPSS2's for the rear as well (use your overdraft or credit card). ;)

Would hate to read a "crashed into a ditch" thread from you. :dry:

True I just thought if im going to be messing around I didnt want to be burning expensive rubber.. overdraft it is..

• Like 2

MPS3 are nowhere near as good as MPS2. They're for smaller, lighter, less powerful cars, hence being available in the smaller sizes. They're still very good, but considering that the MPS2 are now superceded by the MPSS there's no reason to be looking at anything else in the Michelin range.

• Like 1

Depends what you do with the car, as was discussed a few days ago in another thread, there is no point spending way more on a set of tyres that you will not make full use of.. unless you are going to push your tyres to the limit, you don't need to the qualities that make MPSS expensive..

It's an extra £200 that could mean the difference between stopping or not. You'll be looking at double that minimum if you rear end someone as the budgets won't stop you in time.

If I could get mpss for the s2000 I'd have them all day long. Was amazing on my 350. It's only when you swap from @*!# TIRES, just for you dan, to good ones that you realise how @*!# the previous ones were

That's not what's being said though is it. People are merely making the point that tyres are not an area of the car you should scrimp on. My point being it could cost more in the long run. The difference I'm talking about was between replacing the falken 452s that were already on the car or £200 more for a set I got mpss, £50 a wheel, and getting what are arguably one of the best tyres available.

I'm sure in side by side tests the mpss would outstop and out grip the falkens. Even if they only stop you a foot shorter that is potentially £200 well spent.