Had Car 4 Wheel Aligned...Wow!

roscopervis

I took my car to be 4 wheel aligned at Avia Auto's, Bridgend yesterday after fitting new Goodyear F1's all round. The old fronts had worn the insides badly leaving the outsides quite fresh.

The mechanic here is a bit of an alignment legend and knew something was amiss almost immediately. Got the lasers on it and it was all over the shop! That will explain the pulling to the left then! I just thought it was road camber!

Checked the standard settings and he asked how I wanted it to drive. I don't track the car so even tyre wear suits me best. He can set it up how you want it, aggressive for the track or somewhere in between. After some fiddling he was impressed to find that the car's chassis was dead plumb with no set back. I learnt a fair bit as he was doing it. First go and he got it much better and a test run verified that but he wasn't quite happy, so back on the rig. Second go better again. Third go and he was very impressed! He also loves 350's with Invidia exhausts and I could tell he enjoyed working on this car.

All in £80 well spent, car now turns in better, is far more stable, doesn't hunt on the road and doesn't pull to one side. It may still wear the insides of the front tyres a bit as that is the way they are he thinks but should be better. A new level of respect for the car.

Also anyone in south Wales should check out Avia Auto's!

• Like 4

Fantastic price mate. A full race setup with testing inbetween cost 300quid but that includes corner weights. So even with that excluded Iyok got a good deal.

Can you post up your geo sheet as others with OEM setups may benefit👀

Fantastic price mate. A full race setup with testing inbetween cost 300quid but that includes corner weights. So even with that excluded Iyok got a good deal.

Can you post up your geo sheet as others with OEM setups may benefit👀

Here's mine if it means anything to you boffins.

Apparently the VAG Beissbarth system is the best one you can get, :thumbs:

u3eseta3.jpg

Anyone know a good place to get this done in Leeds / Yorkshire?

Also looking at getting this done in leeds. These guys seem to have a pretty good rep on the Pistonheads forum, only down the road from me so think I'll give them a shot

http://www.andyturne...r_tracking.html

thats about 45 mins from where I am working. Any Idea how much he charges?

No not yet, I might pop down on Friday if I get chance. Apparently he looks after a lot of motorsport TVRs and is a stock car world champion.....sounds like a good shout to me.

Funny he's 5 mins from my house, lived in this area all my life and never knew the place existed :D.

The guy at Avia does full corner weighting too. He's been involved in Motorsport for years and has built and set up and raced lots of single seaters. That obviously costs more, its basically charged by the hour. Funny thing is though it's just as much an art as a science with him, no print out but he was showing me exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it, using the standard 'book' geometry as a base (1st go) then tweaking it to make it drive better. I just wish I understood it better!

I've been places before that's had all the kit with the print outs, but if the operator didn't know exactly why he was going what he was doing, then it's just a bunch of green boxes on a screen.

Sent from my AT10LE-A using Tapatalk

Can you post up your geo sheet as others with OEM setups may benefit������

Here's mine if it means anything to you boffins.

Apparently the VAG Beissbarth system is the best one you can get, :thumbs:

u3eseta3.jpg

Nice sharing yours alignment printout and looks shockingly like you were way off and most of the geo has been restored to stock range but I am concerned that your right front parameter is way off the left suggesting something is wrong.

Could be the bushes, failed damper or bent control arm; all guess work at this point so please investigate.

Off course your car will feel better to drive coming from the boat settings you had before😎

• Like 2

Another + 1 Big Joe if you follow this through please. A few months back I was about to go there following the pistonheads thread then someone, as usual on there, filed a poor report. We're potentially up to a mini meet now so fingers crossed he'll do us right.