Best tyres for the rear?

350z_Dan88

Never even heard of MPSS until now!

I'm running Falken 453s on the rear of mine. First 200 - 300 miles were pure dodge in the wet but they have improved a great deal since. Mediocre in the wet but predictable. Dry grip is decent for the price imo.

How can anyone recommend mpss without knowing what he defines as best

what do you define as best?

Best handling

Best for noise

Best for fuel economy

Best for wet road driving

Best for ware rate

as the MPSS isnt the best at them all, infact id even go a limb and say its not the best for any of them

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

Best handling

Best for noise

Best for fuel economy

Best for ware rate

as the MPSS isnt the best at them all, infact id even go a limb and say its not the best for any of them

Have you driven a Zed with MPSS on?

REO50's are very good, I had 2 sets but the MPSS are in a different league, so much more grip in dry & wet

Sent from the golf club...

Best handling

Best for noise

Best for fuel economy

Best for ware rate

It is the best for:

Dry road handling

Wet road handling

Wear rate

Noise and fuel economy are irrelevant in a a car that does 23mpg and is noisy from the factory, IMHO. That said, the tyres are marked as C and E for fuel economy front and rear respectively, which beats the 453 at F for both, and they're marked as 71dB which is less than the 72dB again for the 453. Wet handling is defined as A, up against the B of the 453. Even the AD08 (a very good tyre) only achieves fuel efficiency of F, noise of 75 and wet handling of B.

I agree with the general point that best is subjective (hell, I've used that argument myself enough times!), but really the MPSS is so far ahead of the competition that it makes the point null and void.

so it the number 1 best dry road handeling tyre on the market? better than r888 better than ventus rs3 better than federal fz 201, better than P zero Trofeo,?

i ask as to why do people doing sprint hill climbs auto cross etc use tyre's like r888, rs3 etc not Mpss if mpss is far superior

i havent driven a Zed but a Few LCR guys back when i was with seat used them and i wasnt overly impressed with the hype i know we are talk two different machines the P zeros from the factory handled better imo,

as we here wear rate your telling me a soft Michelin will wear less than say a hard Nexen or something similar,

This isnt me wanting say everyone's wrong i just honestly cant see how anyone can say tyre A is better than Tyre B, as i know he has said now but what if this guys is a regular RWYB guy i dont think the Mpss would be his best choice, i think what im trying to say is recommending i have this tyres its good fair enough but everyone even people who dont have the blooming things jumping straight a an answer of this is the THE BEST TYRE without even knowing where the guy lives hes driving style, hes suspension set up etc

to me it would be no different than say abbey and horsham etc turning around to zed driver and going o yea you need this Twin Turbo kit etc without asking what he needs it for or any consultation as such as it there could be a number or reason why the instance set up is not right for that person/car

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

so it the number 1 best dry road handeling tyre on the market? better than r888 better than ventus rs3 better than federal fz 201, better than P zero Trofeo,?

i ask as to why do people doing sprint hill climbs auto cross etc use tyre's like r888, rs3 etc not Mpss if mpss is far superior

i havent driven a Zed but a Few LCR guys back when i was with seat used them and i wasnt overly impressed with the hype i know we are talk two different machines the P zeros from the factory handled better imo,

as we here wear rate your telling me a soft Michelin will wear less than say a hard Nexen or something similar,

This isnt me wanting say everyone's wrong i just honestly cant see how you can say tyre A is better than Tyre B, as i know he has said now but what if this guys is a regular RWYB guy i dont think the Mpss would be his best choice, i think what im trying to say is recommending i have this tyres its good fair enough but everyone even people who dont have the blooming things jumping straight a an answer without even knowing where the guy lives hes driving style, hes suspension set up etc

to me it would be no different than say abbey and horsham etc turning around to zed driver and going o yea you need this Twin Turbo kit etc without asking what he needs it for or any consultation as such as it there could be a number or reason why the instance set up is not right for that person/car

Calm down dear it's only a tyre

Best tyre for a Zed mind you ;)

• Like 2

Well since Dan didn't outline any specifics it's fair to assume he wants an everyday tyre.

If they are good enough for mates with carrera gt's et al - then they are good enough ('best' all round imho) for those kind of cars, good enough for 350z :teeth:

At least nobody recommended Bridgestones, fooking awful things :lol:

Edited by RobPhoboS
  • Like 1

Well since Dan didn't outline any specifics it's fair to assume he wants an everyday tyre.

If they are good enough for mates with carrera gt's et al - then they are good enough ('best' all round imho) for those kind of cars, good enough for 350z :teeth:

At least nobody recommended Bridgestones, fooking awful things :lol:

To be fair

REO40 - awful

REO50/A - very good, although skittish when cold/wet

then an everyday tyre a falken or maxxis would be fine as everyday your sit in traffic on your way to work etc, unless your lucky enough your dont have to work and can spend the day having hard runs through the evo triangle etc why use a mpss to sit in traffic and crawl along along the motorway what a waste of money,

if your lucky enough to call a carrera Gt a everyday car then you dont need to be asking a car forum whats the best tyre for it,

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

then an everyday tyre a falken or maxxis would be fine as everyday your sit in traffic on your way to work etc, unless your lucky enough your dont have to work and can spend the day having hard runs through the evo triangle etc why use a mpss to sit in traffic and crawl along along the motorway what a waste of money,

if your lucky enough to call a carrera Gt a everyday car then you dont need to be asking a car forum whats the best tyre for it,

Yeah why would your bother fitting decent tyres to a car like a Zed, your just don't need to in my opinion also

I hate the way people jump on the tyre bandwagon for the current tyre fashion.

[Mod edit: pic removed due to offensive language. Placing it in spoiler marks does not count]

PtOBQdh.png

readded a polite version :D

Edited by Husky

I hate the way people jump on the tyre bandwagon for the current tyre fashion.

fuck-you-i-wont-do-what-you-tell-me-sheep.jpg

I don't even drive a Zed so everyone can put what they like on :p

I thought the best thing about this place when I had a Zed was the amount of people that would give their unbiased opinions :shrug:

• Like 1

explain to me how Mpss are going to benefit this chap here in a silver sc430 in what hes doing over fk453

article-1219811-039B024E0000044D-746_468x304.jpg

explain to me how Mpss are going to benefit this chap here in his silver bmw droptop in what hes doing over Khumo ecsta

Traffic-jam-008.jpg

explain to me how Mpss are going to benefit this chap here in his s series audi in what hes doing over eagle f1s

1460183_90a982a2.jpg

Yes on a weekend fun car i can see what your saying but an everyday tyre doesn't have to be a high performance tyre

• Like 2

I think probably not for those moments Stevo but when he has the opportunity to have a blast down a country lane I'm pretty sure he'll be glad he had something that doesn't make his car's handling resemble a shopping trolley.

You can go as far to say if you all you do is hang around in London/motorway/car park traffic, why have you got such an impracticle car? You've got it because of those moments when you get to use it for what it was designed for, in that situation you'll be happy your money is in your tyres rather than your pocket.