Chris Harris - f type coupe

Will370z

Eighty. Five. Thousand. Pounds.

Great car, but I wouldn't dream of paying that much for it. Boot's a bit on the tiny side still, too.

I'd quite like to see this up against a Cayman GTS. That would be interesting...

Gotta love that f type, especially the coupe

+1 for hoping the all too well known depreciation hits them cos I want one aswell ;)

Previously I had a xkr coupe with straight through pipes, didn't sound as nice as above f type but still sounded amazing. Something about sports type jaguars that makes them special ðŸ‘

Eighty. Five. Thousand. Pounds.

Great car, but I wouldn't dream of paying that much for it. Boot's a bit on the tiny side still, too.

I'd quite like to see this up against a Cayman GTS. That would be interesting...

Yeah but a bit like the Zed it's not about out and out performance it's about how it makes you feel... no doubt the Porker would go quicker round a track etc but the Jag would put a bigger smile on your face :teeth:

Yeah £85k but pretty much all Jags are overpriced thats why they depreciate like mad.

Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but as said in the review if it drives even half as well as it looks and sounds then :yahoo:

Only Jag could make a mostly aluminium 2 seater that weights 1.6 tonnes :surrender:

Sent from the golf club...

I'm not convinced the Jag would put a bigger smile on your face than the Cayman, though. 911 (GT3 aside) almost certainly, but the Boxster was universally praised above the F-convertible so I'll be interested to see what happens with the better F-coupe.

That noise though :cloud9:

One of these (F Type V8 S) passed me when I was driving home from work... he absolutely planted it too! It looks gorgeous (I'm only a fan of the coupé personally) and the sound..... THE SOUND... I thought the Maserati Granturismo sounded amazing, until I heard this F Type! Can't even begin to describe how much I'd love to buy this car. Price tag might be an issue for time being though!

Nice looking on the outside but 85k and you get cheap artificial carbon around dash and that 10.99 ford drinks holder :dry:

Also only in auto (How meney people if had choice would take the auto over a manual)

Thinking if i had 85k my cash would go onto a secondhand Aston Martin V12 Vantage with a manual box!! B)

Also only in auto (How meney people if had choice would take the auto over a manual)

A fraction, no-one is buying high-end stuff with a manual 'box these days. I'll be amazed if the M4 doesn't sell 80/20 in favour of the DCT.

A fraction, no-one is buying high-end stuff with a manual 'box these days. I'll be amazed if the M4 doesn't sell 80/20 in favour of the DCT.

Was going to buy the new M4 and asked about the sales on colour and box type!! The dealer at BMW told me there was over 70% of the orders for the new m4/m3 with a manual box!!

Having driven many F-types I can say the box is actually really quite nice to drive :p It changes when you want it too and does so quite sharply when in sport-dynamic mode, with some added exhaust theatre for funsies.

Only Jag could make a mostly aluminium 2 seater that weights 1.6 tonnes

Much weaker material and so you need more of it.

Boot's a bit on the tiny side still, too.

I'll have you know I fitted one laptop bag in there!

I like the look of it same as the ragtop , which are starting to appear more on the roads now.

But from the very first time I saw these I just thought the front especially the grill looks very 350z ! Buy a zed - cheaper and more reliable no doubt haha

Having driven many F-types I can say the box is actually really quite nice to drive :p It changes when you want it too and does so quite sharply when in sport-dynamic mode, with some added exhaust theatre for funsies.

Only Jag could make a mostly aluminium 2 seater that weights 1.6 tonnes

Much weaker material and so you need more of it.

Boot's a bit on the tiny side still, too.

I'll have you know I fitted one laptop bag in there!

Yeah obviously aluminium doesn't rust though I guess...

Hmmm a heavy gorgeous looking / sounding impractical coupe..... It's like a Zed with a proper engine :p

And a mortgage needed to buy one :lol:

The refinement is distinctly higher than in the Zed, but then you'd hope so for double the price. Even though in power to weight terms, the high power V6 is the same as my 350bhp celica, It just puts it down in a different way. I have a sharp peak 350bhp (turbo), while the F-Type has buckets of it all the way through due to supercharged loveliness. The V8 pulls like a god damned train and I fully support his statement of "get the one with the massive engine". On the road I completely agree, it's so comfortable to drive, and while driving them I have literally had people leaning fully out of their vans/cars and commenting how utterly stunning it is. You really do remember the power figure when you overtake though, it makes passengers grab on tight and make remarks like "oh... oh dear" :teeth:

Wait 6 months and the F-type will be worth about as much as a packet of pork scratchings.

Have you seen how much convertibles have dropped? You'd be utterly mad to buy one of these new.

+1

13 370z roadsters were sold last year. 13 !

It's our tropical climate B)

Wait 6 months and the F-type will be worth about as much as a packet of pork scratchings.

Have you seen how much convertibles have dropped? You'd be utterly mad to buy one of these new.

I don't think anyone was suggestiong buying one new, not unless they throw in a free lobotomy :wacko:

+1

13 370z roadsters were sold last year. 13 !

It's our tropical climate B)

I think they should have made a hardtop convertible, mind you 370 sales altogether have been woeful, doesn't make it a bad car just not a car for the times, if it had a 2.0 turbo under the bonnet it would maybe sell better :shrug:

• Like 2