Chris Harris - f type coupe

Will370z

Wait 6 months and the F-type will be worth about as much as a packet of pork scratchings.

Have you seen how much convertibles have dropped? You'd be utterly mad to buy one of these new.

+1

13 370z roadsters were sold last year. 13 !

It's our tropical climate B)

I think they should have made a hardtop convertible, mind you 370 sales altogether have been woeful, doesn't make it a bad car just not a car for the times, if it had a 2.0 turbo under the bonnet it would maybe sell better :shrug:

Sent from the golf club...

Totally agree on that

Wait 6 months and the F-type will be worth about as much as a packet of pork scratchings.

Have you seen how much convertibles have dropped? You'd be utterly mad to buy one of these new.

+1

13 370z roadsters were sold last year. 13 !

It's our tropical climate B)

I think they should have made a hardtop convertible, mind you 370 sales altogether have been woeful, doesn't make it a bad car just not a car for the times, if it had a 2.0 turbo under the bonnet it would maybe sell better :shrug:

Totally agree on that

If there is another Zed I think it will be similar to the GT86

Hold on buddy! Mr Porky Prime cut Pork Scratchings are a £pound a pack! Id never pay that for a tuned up oap pushchair! :teeth:

I never said I supported the idea :lol: I just think big ass engines will be a thing of the past :(

I have a V8 itch to scratch, one day I will, but I'm never parting from my Celica :cloud9:

Smaller engine - lighter car - the future

Maybe lotus had something all those years ago

from the man who bought a 911, I remember you telling me you'd worked out what your monthly depreciation was on that thing.

As with anything people who have the money will buy them new; regardless. Why else have Alfa lasted so long.

• Like 1

I thought my Range Rover had bad depreciation. These f-type convertibles, especially the V8 in the UK are something else.

You can get V8's, with less than 2k on the clock, less than 12 months old, from jaguar dealers, for £20k off new. That's 25% in less than a year. That's almost double the rate of depreciation I've seen on a range rover, and more than I lost on a 430 over two years even through the launch of the 458.

They would also seem to be following every other manufacturers example and selling them at far more reasonable prices across the pond. The V8 can be had in the US, including local sales tax in Florida, for the equivalent of around £63k.

I bought a new jag once. And other issues aside, the depreciation is just ridiculous. Way overpriced IMHO.

Hold on buddy! Mr Porky Prime cut Pork Scratchings are a £pound a pack! Id never pay that for a tuned up oap pushchair! :teeth:

Gen2 911s are holding their value quite nicely, thanks ;) Rather a tuned up OAP pushchair than a boggo car with some go faster tat attached :p

from the man who bought a 911, I remember you telling me you'd worked out what your monthly depreciation was on that thing.

Didn't buy mine brand new though ;) Looking at about 50% value after 6 years, I'd say that's actually quite exceptional in the marketplace after the crash a few years ago.

But yeah, Chesterfield has it bang on the money. New Jags may be good, but they're also a money pit for the first owner.

There are HUGE deals on most V8 Jags, they sell for what people will pay so not overpriced just have to be a looney toon to actually buy one new :wacko:

There will be some fantastic deals on XKs & XKRs now they are stopping production and focusing on the F-Type