volk gts alloys arch rubbing

embrace

Evening all,

Ive just fitted a set of volk gts, 9.5 on the fronts with a +17 offset and 245 tyre which I think look perfect and the rears are 10.5 with a +18 offset and a 275 tyre. I feel these alloys stick out a bit to much for my liking but I must admit i didnt notice this at all on other pics ive seen with these alloys.

anyway as it stands the rears are un-driveable every pot hole or corner and the arch rubs the tyre pretty bad. the cars not lowered at all, just wondering if anyone else had this problem with these particular wheels as they seem to be a popular choice for the 350.

if so did a simple arch roll cure it or was other arch work required. from what I can tell the arch is rubbing the tyre about 15-20mm in from the hard wall, so measuring the lip on the arch at about 25mm if this was completely folded in it should just about miss it?

any ideas anyone, as apart from that problem i absolutely love them they suit the car a treat!

many thanks all :thumbs:

d.jpg

c.jpg

b.jpg

a.jpg

That's looks wrong, you should only have 2mm more poke than my 10.5 +22's and you've got about 20-25mm more poke in those images. Are you sure you have the offset right? Is there a sticker?

• Like 1

hi mate, yeah they were Jays old midnight purple ones, were pretty sure it should be +18, hes just trying to find the thread from when he originally bought them. Unfortunately they were refurbed before i got them so no sticker unless theres a way to measure?

cheers

Lower the car and fit some rear camber arms and a small arch roll that will sort it out

what he said..i run a 10.5 with a 20 off set in the rear with a 295/30/19 tyre lowered and roll flat arches and can only just get a rizla pack between them..

Thats odd you have 2mm more poke from the offset then my old set up and your out about 2 inches more

the rear lip looks bigger than when on jays 370 if I recall who refurd em red they haven't mount the faces wrong way around giving you massive negative offset? Or some how got the rear centers in the front or something

Edited by StevoD

These are my 19x10.5 et20 with 275/35 tyre before lowering.

IMG_0867.jpg

Not the best angle to see the poke, but I think it's good enough to see it doesn't stick out anywhere near as far as yours.

This is after a 30ish mm drop with about 3 degrees of camber. Pretty much perfect in my eyes.

DSC06182.jpg

When the Rays were on the car, were they kinda flush with the arch? You might still have spacers on.

I was gonna say this. Looking at buying 30/25 spacers for my standard rays with no plans of lowering.

This car looks like it has new massively wide tyres and wheels and has retained the spacers meaning the wheels stick out crazily so.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thats odd you have 2mm more poke from the offset then my old set up and your out about 2 inches more

the rear lip looks bigger than when on jays 370 if I recall who refurd em red they haven't mount the faces wrong way around giving you massive negative offset? Or some how got the rear centers in the front or something

hi mate, the rear centers are definately in the rears as they are slightly wider and bulkier than the fronts. plus the front wheels are sitting perfect. are each of the centers specifically designed for left and right side? If they are then no-one was to know as unfortunatley there were no markings or stickers on them due to a previous refurb.

as the tyres are directional they are labelled up left and right so can only go on one side so i just fitted the wheels back on as per the tyre, but if hes put the right tyre on the left wheel and vice versa could this be the problem giving me massive offset?

Edited by embrace

I assume Embrace that all the pictures bar the last one are taken while the car is jacked up? ? did you take any from the rear when its not?

hi mate, no the car is not jacked up in any of the pics. I had just finished swapping them so the suspension may have not settled down to its normal height. I will take a few pics tomorrow now it has settled and put them up, the suspension has lowered since them pics but they still stick out stupidly far!

cheers :)

Edited by embrace

When the Rays were on the car, were they kinda flush with the arch? You might still have spacers on.

hi mate, no the rays were sunk quite a way in, i did check to see if there were spacers on but no...

cheers for replies all :):thumbs:

hi mate, the rear centers are definately in the rears as they are slightly wider and bulkier than the fronts. plus the front wheels are sitting perfect. are each of the centers specifically designed for left and right side? If they are then no-one was to know as unfortunatley there were no markings or stickers on them due to a previous refurb.

as the tyres are directional they are labelled up left and right so can only go on one side so i just fitted the wheels back on as per the tyre, but if hes put the right tyre on the left wheel and vice versa could this be the problem giving me massive offset?

forgive me as i dont know alot about the gts but is it a 2 piece or 3 piece wheel