volk gts alloys arch rubbing

embrace

Erm curious were is the valve for air?? As it looks like it you have to top it up behind the face which is wrong? and would confirm the faces have been fitted the wrong side of the barrels?

if u look in the top picture its at about top left

ive been sat reading everyones posts for hours now as this is really bugging me and something the alloy refurb guy told me has just sprung to mind... he said 2 of the centers are slightly more bulky and deeper.... and that these must be the ones to fit in the rear barrel as its wider, (as they werent marked wen took them off) so obviously at the time i didnt really give it any more thought and just thought to myself yeh that makes sense i suppose....

so, i bet they are the wrong way round then as if hes put the deeper centers in the rears that would make them stick out more surely?!? ill deffo go and swap them round and see if that is the problem...

Edited by embrace
  • Like 1

ive been sat reading everyones posts for hours now as this is really bugging me and something the alloy refurb guy told me has just sprung to mind... he said 2 of the centers are slightly more bulky and deeper.... and that these must be the ones to fit in the rear barrel as its wider, (as they werent marked wen took them off) so obviously at the time i didnt really give it any more thought and just thought to myself yeh that makes sense i suppose....

so, i bet they are the wrong way round then as if hes put the deeper centers in the rears that would make them stick out more surely?!? ill deffo go and swap them round and see if that is the problem...

That is the solution

Yep i can see it. Look at these 2 pics of mine... look how shallow the rear centre is on my first pic, and then look at the 2 fronts on the right in the second - clearly deeper.

5C64BBAD-6A1A-4FB4-989A-C7D85BA6CDDD-9733-000012C30DA58CF9_zps2be6c566.jpg

IMG_0822_zps3b6f4d94.jpg

right.... success!! :yahoo::D a big thanks to everyone that commented to help get to the bottom of the issue, simple as the centers got fitted the wrong way round.

once again thanks all and to Jay for sending them over halfway accross the country :)

a nice 10mm of poke now

3-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

plenty of brake clearance, no need for the spacers! we think it got passed down the line wrong! the first guy had them fitted to his rears to make them stand out like mine did, then as he liked the camber look had mega camber to tuck the tops just under the arches. as the next buyer had them he (and we) assumed the spacers were for the fronts which confused us further, turns out they werent!

1-2.jpg

job done

4-1.jpg

once again thanks all for your posts :thumbs:

• Like 1

right.... success!! :yahoo::D a big thanks to everyone that commented to help get to the bottom of the issue, simple as the centers got fitted the wrong way round.

once again thanks all and to Jay for sending them over halfway accross the country :)

a nice 10mm of poke now

3-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

plenty of brake clearance, no need for the spacers! we think it got passed down the line wrong! the first guy had them fitted to his rears to make them stand out like mine did, then as he liked the camber look had mega camber to tuck the tops just under the arches. as the next buyer had them he (and we) assumed the spacers were for the fronts which confused us further, turns out they werent!

1-2.jpg

job done

4-1.jpg

once again thanks all for your posts :thumbs:

Is that Brian in the second picture ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

after using the car for a week now I can see a decent set of wider alloys and tyres is well worth the money. best mod ive done to a car. :D

the car actually grips when you put your foot down and it handles so well in the corners the improvement over the standard rays which i think arent wide enough is amazing.

thanks for everyones help again :thumbs:

after using the car for a week now I can see a decent set of wider alloys and tyres is well worth the money. best mod ive done to a car. :D

the car actually grips when you put your foot down and it handles so well in the corners the improvement over the standard rays which i think arent wide enough is amazing.

thanks for everyones help again :thumbs:

For even better cornering, add some Eibach front and rear ARBs ;)