volk gts alloys arch rubbing

embrace

hmm is it looking like the offset is wrong then? I will take some pictures tomorrow to show how its sitting at the mo, it already has an inward camber (the top of the tyre is facing inwards towards the car) the bottom of the rim sticks out far more than the top, i dont see how lowering the car is going to pull the wheel inwards to match the pics you guys have posted with similar offsets with only mm difference to what these are supposed to be.... :(

Relatively easy to check offset if you have a decent depth gauge and a steel rule accross inner face of alloy.

Measure the depth from inner lip to face where wheel / hub locate.

Measure the width of wheel (lip to lip) in mm.

Half it then.

Offset is the first figure minus have the rim width (mm).

I think!!! :teeth: :teeth:

Edited by aidan

hi mate, erm i fitted standard spacers to the front, but to me on the rear it just looks like a normal hub, dont see anything that I could remove, do they look like normal 20mm spacer plates?

I am not really sure what you mean by standard spacers but I would hazard a guess Stevo is on the money and the centres have been put in the wrong barrels, possibly. If the fronts fit with spacers and the rears stick to far out, it would certainly explain the issues.

If you take the wheels off only (nothing else) and photo front and rear hub, hopefully we can get to the bottom of the problem.

• Like 1

thanks for the replies all.

right here is what i have done. the eibach spacers have been fitted to the front wheels as without them the wheels would not clear the brembo brakes.

the rears have no spacers fitted by me at all and there isnt anything fitted (that i can see), as if they did surely this would make it worse by pushing the wheel further out.

i will swap the centers round at the weekend also to see if that makes a difference

also would there be a left and right side to the centers? is this possible or would it not make a difference which side they were fitted?

i will get the requested pics at the weekend with the wheels off, but here are the other pics that were requested previously

cheers for your advice all :thumbs:

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Edited by embrace

hi mate, erm i fitted standard spacers to the front, but to me on the rear it just looks like a normal hub, dont see anything that I could remove, do they look like normal 20mm spacer plates?

I am not really sure what you mean by standard spacers but I would hazard a guess Stevo is on the money and the centres have been put in the wrong barrels, possibly. If the fronts fit with spacers and the rears stick to far out, it would certainly explain the issues.

If you take the wheels off only (nothing else) and photo front and rear hub, hopefully we can get to the bottom of the problem.

the spacers have been fitted to the front wheels as without them the centers hit the brake calipers, Jay advised me that the previous 350z owner had the spacers fitted to the front.

ill try swapping the centers round at the weekend to see if this makes a difference and get those pics of the hubs u asked for mate :)

Edited by embrace