They Shouldn't Be On The Road (2)

WhackyWill

Oh I agree.... I had to laugh when he was interviewed for a tv show about complainers and the first thing he did was go straight through a red light at a pedestrian crossing with a council official on a Boris bike in tow.

EDIT: I agree about him being annoying and having a high and mighty attitude but hoping someone gets assaulted or hurt I'm not agreeing with :)

Edited by Fodder

Oh I agree.... I had to laugh when he was interviewed for a tv show about complainers and the first thing he did was go straight through a red light at a pedestrian crossing with a council official on a Boris bike in tow.

EDIT: I agree about him being annoying and having a high and mighty attitude but hoping someone gets assaulted or hurt I'm not agreeing with :)

Would someone taking the red card and shoving it up his ar$e be agreeable?

• Like 1

Would someone taking the red card and shoving it up his ar$e be agreeable?

I was thinking one of his gopro's so he could watch the footage.....

• Like 2

This morning I had to pop into the office to collect something I forgot

on Fri, max in traffic 20 mins no traffic on Sun morning 10 mins or so I thought

45 mins and here's why...!!!

A 200 strong Cycleton...(think that's how you spell it.) Yes' at least 200 cyclists.

All over the road, some with helmets, some without, some dressed as Lance Armstrong

some dressed a Old King Lud.

But here's the bit that really pi55ed me off, they had marshals in the compulsory high vis jackets.

Cycling as far out into the road as possible, and pointing cameras at any car that dared to try and

overtake them, even swerving at cars to intimidate them. And they wonder why car drivers and cyclists

don't get on, 10 mins journey 45 mins I came back the long way so as not to encounter them again.

Missed the GP2 race over those "muppets".. :scare: :scare:

Sunday morning. Driving behind a corsa, young girl at the wheel. She was behind a cyclist going uphill, then decides she's had enough of crawling behind the cyclist and decides to overtake. Overtake, on the other side of the road, uphill :scare: is she mad?!?! Yes, and lo, a car comes the other way over the hill, she swerves back in lane to miss the car and almost takes out the cyclist. Now you might think " that'll learn her" but oh no because she tried again!!!! :fool: avoiding another car coming over the hill. When we were both finally past the cyclist and I over took her I couldn't help but notice a smaller woman in the seat next to her and a kid in the back!!! Surely they must have said something to her?? Like " what the f**k are you playing at?" Beggars belief.

• Like 1

Just got this from Transport for London this morning.. :scare: :scare:

I am writing to remind you that on Sunday 10 August, there will be significant impact to travel in London and Surrey as a result of the annual Prudential RideLondon world-class weekend festival of cycling. Certain east, central and southwest London and Surrey roads will be closed to traffic.

The route runs between Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford and The Mall, via the City of London, over Chiswick Bridge towards Richmond Park, Kingston, Walton, Weybridge, Surrey Hills, Dorking, Leatherhead, Esher, Wimbledon and Putney.

There will be extensive road closures on and around the route; roads will be closed from early morning and will re-open when it is safe to do so. Pedestrian access to properties will not be affected. A number of central London and Surrey bridges will be closed until the evening. Road users are advised to avoid areas near the event route wherever possible.

Many buses will be on diversion or will stop short of their destinations.

Well this should help bring London to a standstill... :surrender: :surrender:

Meh, it's only a Sunday. Stuff like that I can deal with happily, it's the ad-hoc races like you mentioned above that get my goat.

If they want to race on the roads, then close them. Else they should treat the roads like everyone else has to: With respect for other road users.

• Like 1

Just got this from Transport for London this morning.. :scare: :scare:

I am writing to remind you that on Sunday 10 August, there will be significant impact to travel in London and Surrey as a result of the annual Prudential RideLondon world-class weekend festival of cycling. Certain east, central and southwest London and Surrey roads will be closed to traffic.

The route runs between Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford and The Mall, via the City of London, over Chiswick Bridge towards Richmond Park, Kingston, Walton, Weybridge, Surrey Hills, Dorking, Leatherhead, Esher, Wimbledon and Putney.

There will be extensive road closures on and around the route; roads will be closed from early morning and will re-open when it is safe to do so. Pedestrian access to properties will not be affected. A number of central London and Surrey bridges will be closed until the evening. Road users are advised to avoid areas near the event route wherever possible.

Many buses will be on diversion or will stop short of their destinations.

Well this should help bring London to a standstill... :surrender: :surrender:

I don't get how they can justify messing up the day for hundreds of thousands of people to host a cycle race and we don't get a vote to agree/disagree to it :rant::angry:

• Like 1

Meh, it's only a Sunday. Stuff like that I can deal with happily, it's the ad-hoc races like you mentioned above that get my goat.

If they want to race on the roads, then close them. Else they should treat the roads like everyone else has to: With respect for other road users.

Its a whole weekend of cycling, that are the roads to be closed on the Sun I assume.

as a result of the annual Prudential RideLondon world-class weekend festival of cycling. Certain east, central and southwest London and Surrey roads will be closed to traffic.

Funny really as technically they should have risk assessments, method statement, public liability insurance, Id put money on 90% of these racing clubs that park on the side of the ride and set up a 'stage' dont

Is cycle racing illegal?

Section 31 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, as amended by the Road Traffic Act 1991, states:

31(1) A person who promotes or takes part in a race or trial of speed on a public way between cycles is guilty of an offence, unless the race or trial: (a) is authorised under the Cycle Racing on Highways Regulations 1960, AND (B) is conducted in accordance with any conditions imposed, by or under regulations under this section.

For a time trial or bicycle race to be authorised, a promoter must give 28 days written notice to the police giving times, dates, routes, start, finish, maximum number taking part, arrangements for marshalling and supervision, and the rules of the competition.

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

Okay, didn't see that bit. I still don't mind though, as it's properly organised and when we can start having motor races on the roads on weekends, it's going to stuff up the cyclists even more :D

You wont care you will be in Florida.. dodging alligators..!! :scare: :scare:

These definitely should not be on the road...!! :scare: :scare:

Police intervened after four members of Sri Lanka’s Commonwealth Games team were spotted cycling down one of Scotland’s busiest stretches of motorway. Shocked motorists called police after seeing the athletes going for a ride down the M74, around 18 miles outside Glasgow, which is hosting the games over the next fortnight. The intrepid quartet were eventually stopped in their tracks as they neared the exit for Motherwell and Hamilton, where officers informed them they were breaking the law.

AUDI DRIVERS.

Driving home this eve, narrow road, but enough space to pull in and let somebody pass.. Not Mr D Head Audi driver in his convertible roof down on the phone, drives straight at me as if to remove my mirrors. I had no choice but to try and get out of his way.. Curbed my rear wheel.. Not very happy..!!

peda2y9u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why do you have 225/45/18s on the rears ?

I was wondering that too? Hope you haven't put the 245's on the front Will. :dry: Did grundy help you fit them? :D

Seriously though that sucks Will.

I'd be pi**ed off to the max. :angry: You haven't had those alloys long either so hope it doesn't cost you too much to get sorted.

• Like 1

I was wondering that too? Hope you haven't put the 245's on the front Will. :dry: Did grundy help you fit them? :D

I'd be pi**ed off to the max. :angry: You haven't had those alloys long either so hope it doesn't cost you too much to get sorted.

but that front end grip tho

You think they fitted the tyres the wrong way round on the new wheels.. I know the wheels

are the same size, I told them to put the BIG ones on the back,

I haven't checked..as I trusted them to do it properly :surrender: :surrender:

Will do in the morning.. :scare:

You think they fitted the tyres the wrong way round on the new wheels.. I know the wheels

I'm sure you know this Will but just in case Rays alloys are different. E.g Front 18"x 8" and Rear 18"x 8.5"

So the 245's should be fitted on the wider 8.5J alloys.

Have the tyre place put the 245's on the front then after all? that's pretty stupid of them. :blink:

I'm sure you know this Will but just in case Rays alloys are different. E.g Front 18"x 8" and Rear 18"x 8.5"

Have the tyre place put the 245's on the front then after all? that's pretty stupid of them. :blink:

Ignore that:

Front

Size: 18x8.0

Offset: +30mm

Weight: 18.19lbs

Tire: 225/45/18

Rear

Size: 18x8.5

Offset: +33mm

Weight: 18.62lbs

Tire: 245/45/18

Ah ! I thought all rays were just 18" but the rear tyres were wider..?? :surrender:

Edited by WhackyWill

Ah ! I thought all rays were just 18" but the rear tyres were wider..?? :surrender:

Nope the alloy is half inch wider on the rear I'm afraid.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/78633-stock-alloys-rays-tyres-and-other-daft-questions/

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/54670-rays-alloys/

Should say the size on the inside hub on the alloy according to someone in one of the threads above. :thumbs:

• Like 1