Car park idiots

GIXXERUK

Seriously can someone please try and explain to me why ...

I was in tesco's car park yesterday and it was about a third full, lots of spaces available

Mr and mrs ? Come into the car park in their car and he stops and lets his wife get out so he can park close to the next car ! The other people can not get in their car now because he is that close and on the other side of his car are 6 empty spaces !!!

I almost went to ask why he had parked like that because for the life of me I don't understand it

Is it a herd mentality ? There has to be some psychological reason

Why make your life and someone else's difficult for no reason ?

I didn't wait to see if his wife struggled to get in, I see this so many times people struggle to park and then struggle to get out of the car ,they Are that close to the other car even when there are masses of empty spaces

Rant over :lol:

Edited by GIXXERUK
  • Like 1

Can you please keep the thread title relevant to the subject. I understand that the title is your thoughts but something more relevant along the lines of why do people park like idiots would be better.

This has been discussed on the forum recently and there's too many threads which have titles that mean nothing without reading the thread.

As for you question, some people are just idiots :thumbs:

Yeah, definitely agree because they`re just numpties. But as well I think it`s ridiculous how small they make the parking spaces on car parks just to squeeze more on. Think they should be able to be held accountable when one of their customers damages your car because they didn`t have enough room to open their door without hitting it.

• Like 1

I once witnessed a senior citizen turn into a parking spot next to a brand new XF jag, he clipped his front right against the jags bumper he continued to try to drive forward realised he couldn't so reversed back and tried again

This time he succeeded..... In rubbing his right front bumper the entire length of the jag and got out of his car as though nothing happened.

The whole time this was going on the jag owner sat in his car totally astonished.

:surrender: :shock:

About half a dozen people including me were just rooted to the spot open mouthed.

I felt sorry for both, the old boy will have lost his license as he obviously wasn't fit to drive (he may have once been a total petrol head for all we know) and also the jag owner who went from a moment of joy to sadness in the space of a couple of minutes.

EDIT: not really an idiot but a car park incident.

Edited by Fodder

I was in Cwmbran on the weekend and watched a person trying to park a merc in a space. No cars either side and nice sized spaces. Took her around about 10 mins going backwards and forwards. I was in my car two spaces away worrying she might actually just crash at some point because she seemed to have no special awareness of her car at all. Gob smacking.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

don't get me started on this thread lol. the other week went to Tesco and parked at the furthest spaces away from the door there was about 6 complete clear rows around me so not a car within 50 feet radius! I bet the Mrs when we get back that in all the spaces someone will be parked next to me and close! guess what! I won the bet even she was swearing at how stupid some **** was! good job they parked close to the passenger side so I could get in...... I just don't get it, what's going on with people? I the doing I but now I park in between spaces because I fed up of idiots!

Its herd mentality....they all like to be huddled up together

I was parked up at a garage once when a truck came in, scraped the whole length of my car.

When confronted, the guy, oblivious to what he had done, threw his fists up in the air and came at me.

There were 2 of us and after quickly backpedaling across the forecourt we managed to calm him down. He thought we were trying to stitch him up. Total dumb sh1t

Edited by 350zedd

Me and my mate in work have a good system for parking in the work's car park. We both arrive early am before a lot of other people so there are always a fair few spaces to choose from.

There are white boxes for parking in ~ He parks his car in backwards on the end of a row as close to the curb stone as possible and then when I come in I park next to him facing forwards with my car's passenger side as close to his passenger side as I can. That way no one will ever bump his car and my car has less chance of being damaged as people can only park next to my drivers side which has a massive gap to the edge of the white line.

Not fool proof though. Some selfish ar*e of a builder parked his van next to my Zed the other week. He was so far over the white line into my box that there was no way I could even get into my car. More annoyingly though there was no way he could have gotten out of his van without resting his door on my car. :rant:

Spoke to a guy unloading the back of the van and vented my frustration onto him ~ he pipes up with "I wasn't driving it" and "I'll get it moved for you when you want". I said "I want it moved now and if there is any damage to my car I've got your number". When I finished work it was moved over and I looked at my Zed to check for marks/damage but luckily there was none.

Since that day there is always a gap left by the builders next to my car so that's good but obviously other people still park next to me. Luckily though they seem to be parking within the white line's so think the Zed's safe "ish" for now. :D

I work for Tesco! But i work for maintenance not retail!

I went to a meeting and parked my 2 year old Clio cup in the far corner of the car park meters away from any other car. I was working on the roof an hour later and noticed 3 cars parked around mine, but still nothing else around us for several meters???

Xmas eve i parked in a space right next to a curb, there was an 18" gap to the white line. I came out at 3pm to a trolley dent in my door-as i left a big gap, somebody decided to squeeze through with a trolley.

I fixed petrol pumps for 16 years and could go on!!

I work for Tesco! But i work for maintenance not retail!

I went to a meeting and parked my 2 year old Clio cup in the far corner of the car park meters away from any other car. I was working on the roof an hour later and noticed 3 cars parked around mine, but still nothing else around us for several meters???

Xmas eve i parked in a space right next to a curb, there was an 18" gap to the white line. I came out at 3pm to a trolley dent in my door-as i left a big gap, somebody decided to squeeze through with a trolley.

I fixed petrol pumps for 16 years and could go on!!

:surrender: Now that's bl**dy annoying. :angry:

Some people have no respect. :bang:

Some people are so lazy that they would rather park a car in the tightest spot in the car park than walk an extra 15 yards. Boils my urine.....

What also grinds my gears are old people, old people who wait until they are upon the entrance to a roundabout and then pausing before removing their heads from their shrivelled rectums to gaze towards the completely empty roundabout before pulling out slowly onto said roundabout. I can only assume that the pause takes so long because the elderly are weak and it must take all of their strength to pull their heads out of their arses.

So yeah, car park idiots and old people.....

• Like 1