Oil Warning Light

rogerxp

So, oil light was on, ordered some Fuchs from Opie Oils. Light had been on for a little while (problem with supply) and was in a hurry one morning so bunged 1 ltr in until I had more time to check what was needed. Oil light has remained on ever since.

Checked the dipstick & oil it at the max. marker. Sometimes looks over but reckon that's just residue.

Thoughts as to why the warning keeps showing every time I start the engine? Have I ballsed up & possibly over filled it - would that give the same warning?

60 plate car, she turned 3 in October last year, nearing 20k on the clock.

I don't actually know what the level was initially, a bit stupidly I know, just assumed it'd be low as I'd not topped up for a while. I'm caught up in a legal battle at work trying to exit which kind of lowered the priority of other things - trying to find a level surface & the time to fanny about under the bonnet has been harder than you'd expect!!

Serviced in September/October so oil change seemed unlikely at the time.

Will call the dealer this morning.

Thanks.

Oil light means there is no oil pressure and the oil isn't being pumped round the engine. Generally by the time the oil light comes on its too late and there will be some serious damage to the engine. Get it checked ASAP. It might just be a faulty sensor but you really need to get it fixed or it will be a new engine for you

It doesn't matter when it was serviced if they didn't reset the mileage to the next oil change, the light will come on, it's a countdown (likely they did not reset it )

It's on the buttons on the left of the dash

Also, is the oil temp behaving as it would normally ?

Edited by GIXXERUK

does the 370z have a oil level gauge on the dash?

No, an oil temp guage instead. As GIXXERUK says, if the oil temp reading has not varied from previous experience I would have thought it is more a sender/electrical issue.

Never seen the oilchange/maintenance warning light come on - that's low annual mileage for you :surrender::lol: