Exhaust or Induction Kit?

chirag1988

I'm confused!!

I've got a 2008 HR 350z with the dual intake. I was looking to buy the Injen Dual Intake system, however I messaged The Bounty Bar Kid who has this installed and he said it doesn't make much difference to the sound and you can't really tell much difference in power either.

Now I know there have been discussions where people state gains or losses in power with induction kits, but I'm not fussed about this side much as it's negligible and I'm exactly looking to race. What I want is something which is going to give me a good sound for everyday driving.

The other thing I've read is that people who have changed their exhaust system then say the noise from exhaust overpowers the noise the induction kit produces.

So my question is this - do I spend my money on an induction kit or a good exhaust system?

Of course there's a cost difference but if one is clearly better than the other I'd rather save that much longer and do the better mod.

I've got no idea on exhaust systems and what I'd need to buy, etc so any advice would be much appreciated - or just point me towards the relevant threads! :)

invest in an exhaust, induction kits are expensive for the hr and you may find with an exhaust you dont want/need an induction kit

lots of lies/facts stated about gains with induction kits, I read that the oem is as good as any and even if true you will hardly noticed 5bhp that will cost £500

although i do love the look of the stillen kits :bangin:

Edited by GIXXERUK

For sound, it has to be the exhaust, drop us a call and we'll be happy to help... :)

What different options are available for exhaust Mitz? I understand there's different parts of the exhaust, but not sure which I'll need and what each part does?

Definitely exhaust first for sound. Maybe HFCs for power. Then after all that think about induction.

Sorry for my ignorance but what are HFCs?

invest in an exhaust, induction kits are expensive for the hr and you may find with an exhaust you dont want/need an induction kit

lots of lies/facts stated about gains with induction kits, I read that the oem is as good as any and even if true you will hardly noticed 5bhp that will cost £500

although i do love the look of the stillen kits :bangin:

Yeah they do look a treat, but you're right, with the HR I'm basically spending double the amount for 2 intakes! I've also been told the stock intake is probably the best for the car

I'm confused!!

I've got a 2008 HR 350z with the dual intake. I was looking to buy the Injen Dual Intake system, however I messaged The Bounty Bar Kid who has this installed and he said it doesn't make much difference to the sound and you can't really tell much difference in power either.

Now I know there have been discussions where people state gains or losses in power with induction kits, but I'm not fussed about this side much as it's negligible and I'm exactly looking to race. What I want is something which is going to give me a good sound for everyday driving.

The other thing I've read is that people who have changed their exhaust system then say the noise from exhaust overpowers the noise the induction kit produces.

So my question is this - do I spend my money on an induction kit or a good exhaust system?

Of course there's a cost difference but if one is clearly better than the other I'd rather save that much longer and do the better mod.

I've got no idea on exhaust systems and what I'd need to buy, etc so any advice would be much appreciated - or just point me towards the relevant threads! :)

I'm in the same situation mate! Want more sound out of my hr. I had it mapped by abbey on standard intakes. Like everyone says I don't think you gain much from intakes on the hr. I will be going for exhaust next just don't no what one I want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exhaust will provide better gains, especially especially when coupled with decats or HFCs and the sound will overpower the intake as mentioned. Intakes look good under the bonnet though if you ever plan on bringing it up.

Without a doubt exhaust system and if you can stretch to it HFC's at the same time = better gains/improved sound & look's cool too. B)

I'd get a true dual exhaust system if you can. I have the Invidia Gemini system which I highly recommend. ;)

+1 for the Invidia, i have one supplied by CS and love it. And no cabin drone
  • Like 1

Without a doubt exhaust system and if you can stretch to it HFC's at the same time = better gains/improved sound & look's cool too. B)

I'd get a true dual exhaust system if you can. I have the Invidia Gemini system which I highly recommend. ;)

+1 for the Invidia, i have one supplied by CS and love it. And no cabin drone

And very nice it sounded too Ant when you left mine earlier :thumbs:

• 1 month later...