New member looking to venture into 350z ownership!

Just started looking at Zeds and found this excellent gathering of enthusiasts! Nothing currently in the for sale section that seems to fit the bill so thought I'd see if anyone is thinking of selling theirs but not got to the point of posting the ad yet. Budget of £5k, I'm based in the SW but happy to travel for a good car.

Cheers!

^^ Welcome and what he said.

You're probably looking at an 03-04 Zed then with high "ish" mileage for that budget but doesn't mean you won't be able to get a nice one.

Just make sure you get one with a FSH and don't let the mileage worry you too much as they are reliable car's when properly maintained (must be run on Super Unleaded btw). :thumbs:

Some more info that may help here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22880-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77426-buyers-guide/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56308-what-can-happen-if-you-run-your-zed-on-95-ron/

Such a friendly and welcoming bunch - even more reason to get a 350z!

Shaun - your car looks good except it's missing one important thing for me... a third pedal..... ;) It's got to be manual for me I'm afraid.

Had a feeling you'd all think my budget is a bit skinny. However I've seen quite a few reasonable looking cars with dealers for £6k - and we all know they have £500-£1k built in as a part ex allowance. Therefore I assumed that either a private sale or readies under a dealers nose would see me in a zed for £5k! I'm going to start looking in earnest this week but I usually prefer to buy privately from someone who has cared for and knows lots about their car rather than a trader just looking for their next sale.

Unlike most I'm not that bothered about GT spec as I plan on changing the seats for aftermarket racing seats anyway. This is due to me being freakishly proportioned and that I struggle for headroom in just about everything. My head just about clears in a 350z but no chance of getting a crash helmet on - which I like to do occassionally, (on track days of course, I'm not some weirdo that drives to Tesco in a skid lid!). Also I never listen to any music in a 'fun' car, (especially one that has such a good built in soundtrack) so the GT spec stereo is of no appeal either really And as for cruise control - I want this car for summer driving/camping trips around Wales so will be mucho gear shifting!

So a reasonably well looked after car with tatty seats would suit me just fine! Wish me luck!

Edited by cheese_chaser