First Delivery from Tarmac Sportz :)

bizz

NIIIIICE! Do they come in man size too? :lol:

Never heard of them and too lazy to google, are they lightweight or just standard cast?

Wish I could afford to drift on 19's man. 285's in 18's are expensive enough lol

285's :scare: there must be some great traction from them, not too much for sideways fun?

NIIIIICE! Do they come in man size too? :lol:

Never heard of them and too lazy to google, are they lightweight or just standard cast?

Wish I could afford to drift on 19's man. 285's in 18's are expensive enough lol

285's :scare: there must be some great traction from them, not too much for sideways fun?

You want grip to drift. The more grip the betterer :)

Serious? All the drift boys I know put re050's or MPSS on the front and cheap Sunnys or whatever cheap tat they can get on the rear. Maybe an amount if that is the price though :lol:

I guess if you have the power it's irrelevant what rubber you have on ;)

Serious? All the drift boys I know put re050's or MPSS on the front and cheap Sunnys or whatever cheap tat they can get on the rear. Maybe an amount if that is the price though :lol:

its a toss up between knowing you're going to ruin a set in 10 minutes and needing a decent amount of grip. The top people will use top quality tyres all round, people like me use whatever they can get, and people in the middle use new budget tyres on the rear with descents up front :)

its a toss up between knowing you're going to ruin a set in 10 minutes and needing a decent amount of grip. The top people will use top quality tyres all round, people like me use whatever they can get, and people in the middle use new budget tyres on the rear with descents up front :)

Thanks Matt :)

Kyle Matt's right we like loads of grip on the back especially when in a competition. If I had the money I would be running R888's all round but unfortunately that's not going to be the case plus it's outside of the BDC regulations for tyres on the rear.

We set the cars up more for grip so the car wants to pull straight all of the time, this gives you the best in drift speed. When I first setup the skyline it would get it's tail out really easily which is great for a learner but so so slow. I'll be making the 350z so that if you're not aggressive with it to keep the tail end out it will straighten up.

It's taken me a while to get this understanding of it but there is still a lot of learning to do :)

p.s. if you know anyone that could help me out with the tyre situation please put them in touch ;)

Fair enough, never though of it that way. All the guys I know are competing in the N1 drift series and use cheapies, obviously because of price then, not choice. My mate who runs a 500bhp+ R33 owns a tyre fitters, so technically I can get you tyres for cheaper, but then I'd have to ship them to the mainland which would raise the cost.

Try Funky Tyres on here, they seem to have great prices and hopefully will give you discount on a bulky order :thumbs: