Full car respray - anyone done this?

giggsyson

Hey mate, I had a full matt orange wrap on mine and the quality of the wrapping service was superb. However I would only get a matt wrap and not a shine finish one personally. You cant beat the shine of a proper paint job

Hey mate, I had a full matt orange wrap on mine and the quality of the wrapping service was superb. However I would only get a matt wrap and not a shine finish one personally. You cant beat the shine of a proper paint job

Im sort of in agreement there although i wouldnt wrap my zed...yet!! One good thing about the gloss wraps though is that, should you get a scratch ie from driving past and clipping small banches (such as you see on lorries) or light scuffs, you can remove them with a heat gun...they vanish with heat. I DO think that you lose the sexy curves on a zed if you wrap it in a matte finish...but thats just me, each to their own.

O Yes a chance to pic whore TY Attak :thumbs:

Of course only as I was asked - GM to Green with a bit of black -

IMG_3757.jpg

IMG_3761.jpg

IMG_3745.jpg

I painted EVERYTHING

Inside

IMG_3504.jpg

engine bay

IMG_3506.jpg

And for some colour variety underneath

DSCF1279.jpg

4f89530a-befc-4e13-b047-a66383a0b28c_zps9cbb8033.jpg

Ahhh I feel better for that :lol:

If you need more pics just ask - No really just ask :lol:

Very very nice Keyser, looks like Kawasaki green?

• Like 1

With regards to the wrap. It will chip quite easy on the bonnet if you do a lot of motorway driving. I had mine wrapped for 1year and 6month and the wrap never faded after I buffed it up every few weeks. Only issue is, coming to sell it. They have no idea of the paint work underneath and a higher than you expect % of garages could damage your paintwork. Also, most people don't buy wrapped cars as its a bit more to maintain, different product use, have to car more about jet washing certain locations, can always tell its wrapped when you closely inspect.

But, If your doing it yourself or the cost of getting it wrapped isn't too much of a concern, just have it removed if the car doesn't sell with the wrap on. Wrapping is cheaper and gives a perfect fresh look to the car at lower price than spraying.

If a wrap is done properly you shouldn't need to maintain it. Products wise you can clean a wrap in the same way you'd clean a normal paint finish although I agree, if you're cleaning it there are areas where you should take care. Don't try and wrap it yourself, it's not as simple as it sounds, find a decent wrapping company that have the tools and experience.

If a wrap is done properly you shouldn't need to maintain it. Products wise you can clean a wrap in the same way you'd clean a normal paint finish although I agree, if you're cleaning it there are areas where you should take care. Don't try and wrap it yourself, it's not as simple as it sounds, find a decent wrapping company that have the tools and experience.

Wrapping isnt too hard, youll just waste £200 learning to wrap before you get somewhere. Cleaning wise, i found my vinyl started to look faded, even though i cleaned it regularly. Used some product and brought the shine back again. And that was Hexis aswell. Ebay stuff, yeah give that a miss.

• Like 1

Wrapping isnt too hard, youll just waste £200 learning to wrap before you get somewhere. Cleaning wise, i found my vinyl started to look faded, even though i cleaned it regularly. Used some product and brought the shine back again. And that was Hexis aswell. Ebay stuff, yeah give that a miss.

Haha well im glad you found it easy!!! Its what i do for a living and i gotta say i havnt seen many good wraps...most wrap wrong, dont know its limits or how to heat it, where to heat and what temp to post heat etc etc although i would say a zed wouldnt be too difficult...good on you for giving it a go!! But i wouldnt advise it. And youre right, a wrapping course isnt gonna make you a good wrapper, all it does is give you some pointers. As for wrapping against spraying, id go the wrap route, not only does it look good but it protects too...i wrapped a Transit van years ago and the guy removed the wrap and sold it a few years later and gained £1000 on the resale value. Not bad eh!!

If you wanna see custom resprays on zeds search for P15UL T's car. He painted it 3 times :lol:

Keyser that's pretty cool painting underneath. And you've even gone for other colours!

Agree about a wrap- go for matt as gloss isn't as shiny as paint. And if your going for a standard colour just buy a black car. Go for custom if your spending money

If you wanna see custom resprays on zeds search for P15UL T's car. He painted it 3 times :lol:

Keyser that's pretty cool painting underneath. And you've even gone for other colours!

Agree about a wrap- go for matt as gloss isn't as shiny as paint. And if your going for a standard colour just buy a black car. Go for custom if your spending money

Can you send a link? :D

If your looking for a good wrapping firm further North try "pwpro" they are based in Mansfield, did my zed matt grey with gloss black roof. Go on their website and you can see time lapse video and photos of their work. Mine was £1250 +vat

I agree with others, vinyl gloss is not as shiny and respraying to another oem colour doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Whatever you decide make your car your own and enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

@keyser that looks absolutely fantastic.

Where did you get it done? Anyone know of places in the north east? Do you have to notify dvla etc?

Cant help with body shop up your way - sorry.

Can you recommend a place in near Bournemouth for a front bumper respray? Usual stone chip job

Where did you get it done? Anyone know of places in the north east? Do you have to notify dvla etc?

Can you recommend a place in near Bournemouth for a front bumper respray? Usual stone chip job

Stuart @ Garage Unlimited 07791429547

He has sprayed 3 of my cars, inc a magazine featured Rx7, jet ski parts, wheels etc etc Awesome quality and a great price.

He has sprayed 3 of my cars, inc a magazine featured Rx7, jet ski parts, wheels etc etc Awesome quality and a great price.

Thanks, saved as photo so I have that number :thumbs:

Thanks, saved as photo so I have that number :thumbs:

Let him know who sent you, Jon :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

O Yes a chance to pic whore TY Attak :thumbs:

Of course only as I was asked - GM to Green with a bit of black -

IMG_3757.jpg

IMG_3761.jpg

IMG_3745.jpg

I painted EVERYTHING

Inside

IMG_3504.jpg

engine bay

IMG_3506.jpg

And for some colour variety underneath

DSCF1279.jpg

4f89530a-befc-4e13-b047-a66383a0b28c_zps9cbb8033.jpg

Ahhh I feel better for that :lol:

If you need more pics just ask - No really just ask :lol:

Sorry to be off topic....

BUT THAT...... IS..... EPIC!!!

There's not a lot of ways you can have a bright green car and keep it classy but you've pulled it off there somehow!!

OP...Go for green!

• Like 1

Now mattbowey that is pleasing to the eye (mine anyway). I'm afraid I'm swimming against the tide here but I think Keser has ruined his car, it looks just awful to me. Looks like a lot of hard work and effort had gone into it and if he likes it that's all that matters but I'll be not for me Sorry